No More Comparisons To Vick....

yeah. if brent could work on his accruacy i could see him starting over ainge. i think his problem is that he knows he has a great ability with his feet, and when he sees the pressure come he knows he can get away. he has to learn to look downfield.

I think Brent's accuracy is fine, I'm more concerned about his arm strength. Of course the biggest hit against him is his pocket presence. They use to say that Peyton had "happy feet" but at least he stayed in place. Brent has just got to develop some patience and not start running just because his first receiver is covered. It looks like once he starts scrambling, he doesn't look for receivers anymore and is just looking to run and escape. He could be alot of fun tho if he matures.

we also got to get our lineman adapted to his style of play. remeber that big pass aginst sc that got erased because there were lineman down field after brent made that big scramble. that hurts too.

I'm sick of the Vick labels as well.

Vince Young is the next Vick, as is Troy Smith of OSU. I'm sure Ryan Perriloux will be once he gets playing time.

here is my take...

if u wanna play qb at tennessee, u have to stay in the pocket. u cant be micheal vick or tommy frazier or even donovan mcnabb in our system.

we are not va tech or nebraska, or vandy.

we run first then go over the top.

if schaeffer cant adapt then he can play another position.

or he can leave for all i care

we do not need an option qb or a running qb. we have to many weapons for that.

schaeffer is a hell of an athlete but he needs to think pass first in our offense.

seems like only thing we did with him was run, and he had one lucky throw against south carolina.

another thing is .... lets pick one qb and stay with him. last year both fresmen were so gunshy and scared they would be pulled and replaced that neither,imo, gave everything they had. they would play hesitant, think "hey, if i screw up they will put the other freshman in"

so lets give ainge the reins and ride his back to ?????

oh yeah were is the nc game this year?

charly man, i disagree with you 100%. every team can use a running qb. the pass isnt always there. and we cant just hand the reins to ainge. why not give them to clausen. he performed very well at the end of the year. he picked apart auburn's defense like it was vanderbilt. and saying that brent had one lucky pass aginst sc really pushes my buttons. here a qb makes a good play and you dont want to give him credit for what he did and say it was all luck.

now back to topic all of this really doesnt matter because he is gonna transfer to another school and make whatever school that is very, very, very happy to have him. then were gonna notice what we were missing after it is too late.

Clausen picked apart Auburn? He threw 40% that night for just 69 yards. Hate to break it to you, but Clausen did NOT contribute to that game. Riggs is the reason we stayed in it.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 11, 2005 7:09 PM
charly man, i disagree with you 100%. every team can use a running qb. the pass isnt always there. and we cant just hand the reins to ainge. why not give them to clausen. he performed very well at the end of the year. he picked apart auburn's defense like it was vanderbilt. and saying that brent had one lucky pass aginst sc really pushes my buttons. here a qb makes a good play and you dont want to give him credit for what he did and say it was all luck.

now back to topic all of this really doesnt matter because he is gonna transfer to another school and make whatever school that is very, very, very happy to have him. then were gonna notice what we were missing after it is too late.

picked apart auburn's d?

hmmmmm

well i guess going 8-20 for 69 yrds is picking them apart.

hey lets go ahead and give another clausen the starting job.

hell, the clausens are so good lets give rick the heisman, and casey the nfl mvt.

oh i forgot. he plays in england somewhere.

:dlol:

u people kill me. tennessee is not the only team in america.

i love them more than anybody else does, but u guys put them on this platform where they just dont belong right now. we havent used a running qb since fulmer took over. why start now. look as fulmer's wins vs. losses. he is the best over the last 10 years.

lets get out of this surreal world we are living in and face the facts. tennesse always chokes so dont be surprised if they do again.

and ainge is the man. dont forget that.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 11, 2005 7:36 PM
look as fulmer's wins vs. losses. he is the best over the last 10 years.

lets get out of this surreal world we are living in and face the facts. tennesse always chokes so dont be surprised if they do again.

So Fulmer is the best coach over the past 10 years, but you think we always choke? I followed you right up until the choke part. :dunno:

everyone chokes, it matters how you look at it. you make it sound like were so freaking bad. were gonna be a great team next year, so quit you crying about our past and realize that the sec is ours next year.

That post is a big crock of :bs: This proves you know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about

Checkerboard.....When did we choke? I remember that game in 98 that you're talking about and we didn't choke, we played terribly.......But it don't matter because we won

:withstupid:

dont tell me i know nothing about football. everyone is intitled to there own opinion

This post ceased to have any value at this point. Post whatever you want, but lay off the obscenities.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWW, look everyone he's gotten mad.......Learn how to spell you moron and know me before you call me anything like you have..You know absolutly nothing about what you're talking about and that's evident......That shows how much class you've really got

Please do us a favor and do leave!!!! Then we won't have to try and read through your ebonic posts

man im not gonna leave just because you want to say i know nothing about football.

why not give them to clausen. he performed very well at the end of the year. he picked apart auburn's defense like it was vanderbilt.

This is extreme even for you vols2345. Clausen did next to nothing against Auburn. If you really paid attention in that game, you would have realized that everytime he threw a short pass, Auburn's DB's were there before the ball got there. I just don't think that he has the arm strength to do what we need to do in our passing game.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Feb 11, 2005 10:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Feb 11, 2005 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Feb 11, 2005 7:09 PM
why not give them to clausen.  he performed very well at the end of the year.  he picked apart auburn&#39;s defense like it was vanderbilt.

This is extreme even for you vols2345. Clausen did next to nothing against Auburn. If you really paid attention in that game, you would have realized that everytime he threw a short pass, Auburn&#39;s DB&#39;s were there before the ball got there. I just don&#39;t think that he has the arm strength to do what we need to do in our passing game. [/quote]
Better watch it or he&#39;ll try and rip ya apart...He&#39;s a mean one LOL

I guess this proves that we shouldn&#39;t debate religion, politics or Tennessee QBs.

LOL.....our defense looked like Vanderbilt&#39;s in that game (Auburn vs. UT).....even when we played Vandy we looked evenly matched and the same with Kentucky....Tennessee right now doesn&#39;t even have the heart of a National Contender.....We can&#39;t even get up enough to wax Kentucky and Vandy&#39;s asses.....oh and by the way.....Schaeffer if he had played against Auburn might of had a short career as fast as their defense is..... :machinegun: :gun: :beer: :gun: :machinegun:

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 11, 2005 10:06 PM
LMMFAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; AWWWWWWW, look everyone he&#39;s gotten mad.......Learn how to spell you moron and know me before you call me anything like you have..You know absolutly nothing about what you&#39;re talking about and that&#39;s evident......That shows how much class you&#39;ve really got

Please do us a favor and do leave&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Then we won&#39;t have to try and read through your ebonic posts

Here I thought that members of the Volnation were above a good ol&#39; fashioned flame war.

This saddens me somewhat

Evidently you missed his post prior to mine.......Where he called me everything under the sun.....I&#39;m like a rattle snake, I don&#39;t strike back unless I am provoked....Do you think that I would go off on someone without being provoked? I&#39;m not that kind of person

Man I am not here to fight you. I want to apoligize about last night, but you should have never told a fellow fan they know nothing about football. Why do you think I said all that. Again I say I&#39;m sorry. Hopefully we can put that behind us.

VN Store

Back