No More Comparisons To Vick....

It's cool dude.....I guess I got a little heated and torched you a little too much....It's all good now

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 12, 2005 10:43 AM
Evidently you missed his post prior to mine.......Where he called me everything under the sun.....I'm like a rattle snake, I don't strike back unless I am provoked....Do you think that I would go off on someone without being provoked? I'm not that kind of person

I have no doubt that he said something that triggered your response, it usually takes two to flame.

However, seeing as how you guys have both apologized, everything is all good.

In regards to the Arkansas game in 98; we made the break where Stoener laid the ball on the ground. The Tennessee Defensive front smashed the Arkansas center in the mouth and drove him off the line of scrimmage. As he was retreating from the onslaught his foot caught the back side of Stoener's foot and caused Stoener to stumble, Stoener attempted to balance himself with his hand he was carrying the ball in, the ball slipped loose as he attempted to break his fall, The Big Orange fell on it. In a couple of minutes the Vols drove to the game winning score.

When people call a particular break 'luck' they should really go back and examine the play more closely.

Most 'breaks' are caused by a heads up play on the part of your opponent.

The average fan only sees the ball rolling around on the ground but fails to examine what took place that caused the ball to be free in the first place. Sure, sometimes a ball carrier will just drop the ball with no one around, but rarely. Often a ball carrier will even lose a ball when the ball is only hit a little, but most fumbles are the result of some force aside from 'luck'.

Great teams make their 'luck'.

Folks can say we were lucky in the Arkansas game, but that cheats the defensive players who forced the offensive center into the QB which resulted in a free ball on the ground.

Every action has an equally opposite reaction. Stoener's fumble was a reaction to a great defensive play.

Someone said earlier Schaeffer is more "FUN" to watch and we all want to watch him if he was as good as Ainge. Personally I find no fun watching a qb run around like a chicken with his head cut off and making a play. Sorry guy, don't speak for all of us when it comes to "athletic" qb's. And we all know what that phrase means.

just a thought.

but is vols2345 rick or casey clausen in disguise. he rides their coattails every time he posts. take a look at all his posts about qbs and anytime someone badmouths a clausen. he defends them.

picked apart auburns d. :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol:

didnt auburns waterboy tip a pass in that game. :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol:

vols2345 your new signature should say-"yes i am casey clausen, and i am proud that i suck so much". :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

do u need a hug man? :wassup:

picked apart auburns d... :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

anybody watch Vick fumble away the final chances of the NFC in the Pro Bowl? Cannot wait for all the Schaeffer apologists to draw their parallels. cough,cough. Thanks for the welcome back Milo!

No prob. I didn't see the Pro Bowl, either. I'll go read a recap when I'm in the mood for it...

I wouldn't exactly say Vick fumbled the game away. He threw for 200+ and had TDs while leading the NFC to 17 unanswered points in the second half.

But I did think of Schaeffer on that last drive when Vick was scrambling around and just dropped the ball. :ph34r:

vick.jpg

Vick was in double digits in fumbles this year. His brain needs to learn to hold onto the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bad: :rocks: :pukeb:

Vicks got legs dunno yet about the brains or the arm (the arm is there its the accuracy part that needs work) he'll grasp the west coast better this year in it but I dont see his football intelligence reaching that of a culpepper, manning,mcnair, mcnabb, brady because he relies so heavily on his legs he wont wait in the pocket for someone to get open....mcnair made that change as did mcnabb.....Vick is an athelete playing quarterback more than a quarterback IMO but he's still the best athlete I've ever seen lol

VN Store

Back