No Cable. Vols streaming discussion. [merged]

I cut the cable earlier this year. Plan on using hulu and see how it goes. The heart attack put the kybosh on season tickets so we will see.

Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.
Well just stream Vipbox from your phone to your TV

Looking for the best streaming options for watching the Vols and College Football in general. For some reason I can’t get my ESPN app to cooperate so I’m trying to find other options. Thanks in advance and GO VOLS!!

Last edited:
Apologies if a thread exists already, but any advice on how and where to stream the game for those of us who cut cable long ago? I also do not have Hulu+, YouTube tv, etc

Based on feedback within the last week or so, are these the best free streaming sites to logon to: SportSurge, Streameast, Vipbox?

Paid streaming with best rates: YouTubeTV, Sling?

Based on feedback within the last week or so, are these the best free streaming sites to logon to: SportSurge, Streameast, Vipbox?

YouTubeTV is worth the extra $ if you got it.

Find someone with cable such as spectrum and login with the ESPN app using their username and password for their online acct.

Sling is cheaper (30ish-50ish) and more limited but also more flexible as far as channel tiers and especially a good choice if you happen to only need the channels in their lower priced tiers. YoutubeTV isn't very flexible but is probably the best overall experience for about $65.

Reactions: tbh
I've tried pretty much all of them and YoutubeTV is the best by a good margin, imo. Of course, you're paying more for it as well. Hulu and Fubo are solid options. AT&T TV (or SlingTV) is crap and I won't be going back to them any time soon.

We're probably about to change to Spectrum since AT&T's internet isn't that great and the rates keep going up. And you can bundle Spectrum internet and TV for $45 each per month. We'll get faster internet and cheaper TV with no contracts.
My

Hi. This Earl from Bucksnort. I’m about to sign up and want to be sure I can rewatch the late games with my son. Do any of the services have this?
I’ll hang up and listen. Go Vols!

I started one of the merged threads and have been enjoying all the responses and discussion.
For the record then, I'm going with U-Tube TV today. I'll pay the higher cost to get the DVR capability.
Won't be keeping it once the Vols season is over.
Thanks to all those who contributed their insight and experience to this thread.

My DirecTV DVR has quit working so I signed up with YouTube tv tonight.

They are currently giving a 14 day free trial for new subscribers and if you stick around they'll knock off $10 a month for the first three months.
I also like that you can arrange your channels in whatever order you want. You can also turn off channels you don’t care to see etc… YoutubeTV has some nice “little things” features compared to some others.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back