No Cable. Vols streaming discussion. [merged]

There’s usually someone streaming games on YouTube as well. I’ve watched many games this way. Sometimes they get shut-down halfway through, just go find another one, and voila lol.

Depends on how much you like getting ripped off by Google et al. I use this and get pretty good service at a very good price.

XTREAM PRO SERVICES

This guy does a lot of videos on how to side load apps to a firestick and how to get the best out of it.

www.troypoint.com

This man knows whats up.....

Ology hosting and BVH are also two that I can neither confirm nor deny work or have about 6k channels available...

Reactions: sjt18
Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.
There are pros and cons to all of them. I settled on FuboTV. Lots of sports and relatively cost effective. HULU was good but raised their rates twice on me to the point it wasn't worth the price and I switched. I would never recommend any AT&T or Comcast service. Sling is weird-it's almost like they have a liberal package (ABC) and a conservative package (FOX). You have to pay more to get both channel options. Most, if not all, offer DVR options. HULU I had to pay extra, with FuboTV it is included.

Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.
i have vidgo at 55 a month It has the SEC and ESPN stations. You need a Roku stick for each TV you use. Works great for me

True. I've used my Xbox to do this before. Just find the stream on my phone and type the address into the browser on xbox. Presto streamo.
I have found it to be reliable about 90% of the time. Every now and then there are issues, but there is one guy that streams all of the NCAA and NFL games. Idk how he does it.

I've tried pretty much all of them and YoutubeTV is the best by a good margin, imo. Of course, you're paying more for it as well. Hulu and Fubo are solid options. AT&T TV (or SlingTV) is crap and I won't be going back to them any time soon.

We're probably about to change to Spectrum since AT&T's internet isn't that great and the rates keep going up. And you can bundle Spectrum internet and TV for $45 each per month. We'll get faster internet and cheaper TV with no contracts.

You can't get the Spectrum app on Roku now because of a dispute between them but if your like me and already have it on your Roku you can still use it. I'm currently running 4 Rokus with the Spectrum app. Works great. Firestick and the others I think can still get the Spectrum app. Paid for 1 Spectrum subscription and get extra tvs with a Firestick or whatever.

Whatever service you eventually decide is for you, you will need to add the ESPN app to your Roku and Firestick if you haven't already did so. With it you'll be able to watch all the games even those not normally found on tv. My wife and I do most of our game watching thru the ESPN app. We watch Vols baseball, basketball, football and softball on it.

You can't get the Spectrum app on Roku now because of a dispute between them but if your like me and already have it on your Roku you can still use it. I'm currently running 4 Rokus with the Spectrum app. Works great. Firestick and the others I think can still get the Spectrum app. Paid for 1 Spectrum subscription and get extra tvs with a Firestick or whatever.

Well that changes things a bit then. We have firesticks and chromecasts, but our main TVs have Roku built in now, so we rarely use the other devices any more. Not going to switch to Spectrum if we can't use our devices like we want to.

We just cut cable, dropped directv and got ATT TV, with Choice package, which has everything, all sports, local stations, etc. I love it because all the sports, movies, and my favorite channels are all in one spot, no searching for movies or football games.

We use Roku, so no equipment charges. For some reason, with the change, our picture and sound got noticeably better, too.

They also allow 20 streams, so anyone you tell about this, in any state, can use your sign-in and stream for free.

Last edited:
Was thinking the same thing when I scrolled down to your post. As a youngster when the radio was
"it", I could "see" the game most of the time better than I can with TV now.

Yeah, but the problem with radio is the announcers.

All they talk about is the game or the Tennessee players, or the Tennessee coaches. You don't get interrupted with cutaways to other games, you don't hear minutes of conversation about other teams, other conferences, other sports. You don't get to hear the annoucers' summer travel stories, what the announcers ate last night, what the producer ate, what their broadcast buddies did last week, what their wives (say they) did, what's showing on ABC after the games. You get no opinions on current events, no recipes, no DIY handy household tips,

...just Tennessee football.

This man knows whats up.....

Ology hosting and BVH are also two that I can neither confirm nor deny work or have about 6k channels available...
I've had better success with the ones that didn't offer as many countries or total channels. Mine has US, Britain, and some Canadian channels plus all the premiums.

As someone already mentioned, Vidgo is another option that is cheaper ($55/month - $10 for first month) than most of the popular options. It includes all the ESPNs, SEC Network, Fox, AND NFL Redzone. You do need a Roku or something though because it isn't available directly on most Smart TVs.

If you want the cheapest, do Sling orange and the sports package. It has a 200 dvr now.
Using the Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) service I linked to above, I get everything you can get if you paid for everything Dish offers... plus multiple regional network stations for each state... plus all of the premium sports packages... plus British and Canadian channels... for about $15/month. I can't remember exactly but it is over 1000 channels.

True. I've used my Xbox to do this before. Just find the stream on my phone and type the address into the browser on xbox. Presto streamo.

This way works pretty well for watching one game but if the Vols aren’t on I’m always changing between 3 or 4 games it seems.

Yep! This
51JrAcL0XXL._AC_.jpg
Plus this guy
5b73822aa09e7.image.jpg

was magic!!
The time of John Ward on radio (mid/late 60's thru late 90's) was such a special time to be a young man growing up in Vol country. I have so many special memories associated with Mr. Ward. Family gathered around dialing that old radio like a safecracker having to search for the channel on the nearest weak AM station.....calling home from overseas (when it was really expensive) just to have my mom hold the phone next to the radio so I could listen to Ward call a big game.... Its maybe the only time in my life that we had the best, and I knew and recognized it at the time. I always dreaded the day when he wouldn't be behind the mic. Lord what a gift he had. A gift to us.

What made John Ward so special was not only could he paint such a vivid picture of what was happening on the field, he was almost like a conductor, directing a Symphony! He could raise your emotions so high when something great happened, you'd have to look down to see heaven! Likewise, he could make you feel the bitter disappointment when things went wrong. His broadcasting transcended not merely filling our ears and "eyes" with what was happening, he filled our hearts with Christmas morning excitement! Now excuse me while I finish chopping these onions!

Last edited:
My dad picks up Sling in August and drops it after basketball season. He's tried Youtube TV, but he seems to like Sling better. They have a deal right now where the first month is $10 for the basic package (usually $35/month). If you go that way you'll need Sling Orange with the sports package which I believe adds another $10/month.

This is exactly what I have been doing for the last couple of years. 65$ a month too much for delayed youtube. The glitching that happens in sling is due to thier commercial algorithm, but it comes and goes. Sometimes it's fine.

VN Store

Back