No Cable. Vols streaming discussion. [merged]

Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.
Last year, I used VIDGO. it was $10 / month for first 2 months and $30 the 3rd month. So for $50 I watched every game. As soon as season was over, I canceled. Plan to do the same this year. Good luck.

85+ CHANNELS NOW JUST$10 A MONTH

I've tried pretty much all of them and YoutubeTV is the best by a good margin, imo. Of course, you're paying more for it as well. Hulu and Fubo are solid options. AT&T TV (or SlingTV) is crap and I won't be going back to them any time soon.

We're probably about to change to Spectrum since AT&T's internet isn't that great and the rates keep going up. And you can bundle Spectrum internet and TV for $45 each per month. We'll get faster internet and cheaper TV with no contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
51JrAcL0XXL._AC_.jpg
Yep, I remember those days.

I have been using Voodoo streams for the past 2 years and haven't had any problems with it....$11.00 a month for over 10000 channels is pretty awesome...It's not 100% perfect but works for what I need it for.

Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.
YouTube TV is pretty good.

I use Youtube TV - its 64.99/month and you can cancel at any time. I have tried Hulu and it would freeze quite a bit and there was definitely a delay.
I had YT TV for several months.
When they increased to $64.99 + with my internet costs it's basically the same price a cable.
No savings, and more hassle.
Back to Comcast.

Personally, I use YouTubeTV. I've tried Sling, but found it always wanted to freeze, and not have everything I needed. (And no, it wasn't my internet connectivity either). YouTubeTV is pricier than it used to be, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. They have local stations, as well as SEC Network, and many others. Plus, I can DVR the games on there, and re-watch them.
I had YouTube TV but I did not like having to constantly scroll to get to the channel. Go to your friend's house to watch

Does Hulu live have DVR capabilities?
Yes, up to 200 hours (if I recall correctly) of stored programs. They are deleted by newer content with the older vids being deleted first. If you have something you want to save long term, just delete the less important new programs proactively so you don't fill up the storage space. (ie: take out the trash.)

Reactions: TMvol10
Sling is the cheapest option I know of and you can cancel after football

I had YT TV for several months.
When they increased to $64.99 + with my internet costs it's basically the same price a cable.
No savings, and more hassle.
Back to Comcast.

How is it more hassle? I'm in the same boat but for me even with it being the same cost YTTV still gets the nod. Unlimited DVR, not needing a stupid box in every room, easy to watch on multiple devices. Plus I can cancel any time without having to jump through a bunch of hoops and its easy to add on HBO, Redzone Channel when I want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
Thanks.
YouTubeTv… that gets you ESPN, all the alternates and WatchESPN login

Personally, I use YouTubeTV. I've tried Sling, but found it always wanted to freeze, and not have everything I needed. (And no, it wasn't my internet connectivity either). YouTubeTV is pricier than it used to be, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. They have local stations, as well as SEC Network, and many others. Plus, I can DVR the games on there, and re-watch them.
It’s the best, felt the same way about sling. It would freeze or be behind in the game. YT seems to be a lot smoother

The cheapest way is streaming off of Reddit. You probably need a Mac to do it, though.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back