No. 1 Banner

Do you ever laugh when you see a video of someone slipping on the ice? SC WBB just slipped on the ice and it's funny.

So be it.... I wonder how funny it would be for SC to run the table in the conference again and slip on through to a championship?? You think everyone would be laughing then?

So be it.... I wonder how funny it would be for SC to run the table in the conference again and slip on through to a championship?? You think everyone would be laughing then?
The video is still funny. It's too late to take it back. You better get used to it because there will be comments on this forever. But you've got company. People are still bringing up UCF's 2017 football national championship (note lower case) and they even had the Cooley name them champions. They had a parade, hung a banner, paid the coaches bonuses and gave out rings. Did Dawn get a bonus check? Is she wearing her 'We're No. 1' ring or is it in a safe deposit box?

The banner does not lie. Ended the season voted #1 and football teams won national championships for years based on votes.

Most teams in our shoes would have come up with something to honor such an incredible season. I hope there's no jealously here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCspur
The banner does not lie. Ended the season voted #1 and football teams won national championships for years based on votes.

Most teams in our shoes would have come up with something to honor such an incredible season. I hope there's no jealously here.

Enough said!!!!
the-lady-vol-national-championship-banners-during-the-pat-summitt-of-picture-id547399768

Just to throw some gas on the fire (because I'm enjoying the reading) as a die hard fan of the team that lost to SC, Oregon, and Baylor. Also a daily poster/reader of the Boneyard. I believe (with no scientific support) the opinion of most of the UConn fans as to who would have won the Natty last year is ................................ UConn no Oregon. While SC has some supporters, I've read more that say Oregon is the best team we faced.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

More like threatened... we’re doing things they used to do and it doesn’t sit well. Lol I just eat it all up because it’s humorous and in the end the ladies will have to prove it on the court.

On UCF.... what they did i do not find so egregious.... reason being that they are excluded by system from being top dog in college football.... that sport excludes anyone not in top 5 conference.... i.e. Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina this year.....

as opposed to SC.... who had the ducks in a row in their eyes ... only to fall prey to circumstance.... the hanging of their banner is OK, if that is message they want to send.... but I wouldn't choose to do it.....

No it isn't everything that has been done anytime is important and it has to be legitimate and we have 8 legitimate Championships in women's basketball. You have one got a long way to go to get to eight.

Well at least they got 1/2 closer with this banner. That equals 1.3 nattis for them right ? :D:D

The fact that football had to move to a tournament proves the inaccuracy of voting. It seems you are clutching at straws to validate the actions of your favored institution.

How many times has your coach said that being ranked is not important and the team doesn't focus on it. The symbolism of your banner is given the opportunity to NOT play for the title, SC claims a mythical championship with no support from any quarter. No one begrudges SC being ranked No. 1. But Oregon was ranked No. 1 as was Stanford and UConn. Shouldn't they get a banner also. Can you tell me SC was going to be No. 1 the next week. No. You took a capricious ranking and have enshrined it forever into your rafters. I really don't think anyone wants to be in your shoes.

congrats on the win. Please act like you’ve been there before ;)

Oh no! you tried to play us lol so you KNEW IT was coming 🤣 you were having fun with us so you just gotta eat this one haha

but for the record we haven’t been here before two top 15 wins LOL it’s new to us with this coach

If you mean hanging banners though yea we’ve been there before you’re right 😂

VN Store

Back