Nkamhoua reminds me......

LivinginthePast

Robert Neyland Won more Nattys than rewarded. Why?
A tad bit of Grant Williams. The way he plays inside when he gets the ball. He’s big too. He’s got to get better at jump ball prevention and overall inside consistency to the basket. But some of his moves remind me of Grant. I hope he can improve well. We need inside presence.

A tad bit of Grant Williams. The way he plays inside when he gets the ball. He’s big too. He’s got to get better at jump ball prevention and overall inside consistency to the basket. But some of his moves remind me of Grant. I hope he can improve well. We need inside presence.
I do agree but the game changer for Nkouhma long term is his length! He is a tall guy with long arms, and if he develops anywhere close to Grant he will be great!!

Gaines the next JP Prince? I think so.

Olivier the next GW? If he has the fire to do it. Double double tonight says he just might.

Wow ! Maybe, Kesling's best interview ever, with Olivier, just now. Good stuff, sharp kid, nice questions by Bob, got ON to give a lot of insight on how he ended up at UT.
Was a good interview. He even sounded like GW.

Loved the part about getting better playing for Barnes. Said something like “even if you don’t want to get better you’ll get better. But if you do, he’ll get the most out of you”.

He already has a better 3pt shot than Grant does. If he can develop his inside game he will be really good for us.
No doubt, the shooting ability is there, the other stuff Grant did down low ? Olivier, even with 2 more inches is a long way from that. ON rebounds really well, better than Grant, imo, in less minutes, as a freshman

Reactions: cardvolfan
I I think he is already ahead of where GW was as a freshman. If he works as hard as Grant did I think he'll actually end up possibly being a better player than Grant was. Heard to imagine but I think he has more upside

Reactions: Pacer92
He has a knack for using his body to create space near the rim like Grant did. I don’t want to set my expectations too high for ON, but dang he could end up being really, really good for us.

Yes, He has as much potential as any player on this team. He drew a tough assignment last night having that load leaning on him all night. He had some sloppy play and bad turnovers last night but still managed a double double. Patience on the offensive end will do him wonders. I think he is about 2” taller than Grant.
major recruiting steal.

No doubt, the shooting ability is there, the other stuff Grant did down low ? Olivier, even with 2 more inches is a long way from that. ON rebounds really well, better than Grant, imo, in less minutes, as a freshman
I read somewhere where his OR was what caught the English eye when we were scouting him. You saw examples of it last night. going to be a STUD on the glass.

Kid needs to be on the peanut butter of the month club mailing list. Toss in protein shakes for dessert.
Idk...he’s not getting knocked all around and he’s also got a better perimeter game than I expected so he’s not just having to play the post. We’ve seen guys like JP Prince & Jordan McRae for years he told to gain 25lbs, some guys just aren’t able to do it, but they still played at a very high level. As long as Gaines continues to lift and get stronger he will be fine at his body type, I’m not saying he can’t add a few pounds but I just don’t see him adding on 30lbs while at UT.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Kid needs to be on the peanut butter of the month club mailing list. Toss in protein shakes for dessert.

Problem is, the human body will only absorb 25-30 grams of protein per meal. If Gaines' body absorbs at the low end of that scale (and max absorption is when following a workout) the best he could do might be 25 grams 4x per day.

Meanwhile, hope he keeps learning, increasing his understanding, and playing smarter each week. Rock - paper - scissors. There's always an option for how to best each opponent.

Hopefully seeing how good the freshman class has been will calm people down when we take commits from 3*

If Barnes wants a guy, that should be good enough for us at this point.

They won't all pan out and that's fine. But I believe most of them will.

VN Store

Back