‘23 NJ LB James Heard (WVU commit)

Eastern is a south jersey power house. NJ goes by group and they are a group 5 school which is our biggest public group. They play legit competition. I personally haven't seen him play but he is good if he is starting for that school.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
"Right now most schools talk to me about linebacker like Penn State and my guy, (defensive coordinator) coach (Brent) Pry. He talks about linebacker. Virginia, they talk about the 'Leo' position, which is what I kind of play here. Tennessee, they are talking about the same thing. Most of the schools are talking about it, hand on the ground sometimes and then sometimes in coverage."

Tennessee, which offered in late June, is pushing to get Heard on campus for the first time.
"I’ve been talking to them a lot lately," he said. "I plan on going there in November.
"They are going to play me the same as I am playing right now, the 'Leo' position, and that’s what I like. If they could fit me into that role, it would work perfectly if I decide to go there."
b.dohn

Was supposed to be here for a game in November but didn't make it. Was supposed to be here for the January Junior Day but I haven't seen anything about a visit since then. Not sure what to make of that...

VN Store

Back