NJ DT Tywone Malone

No, he said at the beginning of the year that JG would be our starter but that he would have an extremely short leash. Doesnt necessarily seem to be the case.
I think I posted that before he did. Being wrong has the same significance. Something he maybe heard vs something I guessed and believed.

He still played like crap on Saturday
Lmao he only had the 2nd best qbr vs bama so far this year...graded the highest offensive grade by PFF vs Bama this year so far...threw 5 deep balls PERFECTLY on point and 3 more could have been TDs (1 called out by ref on Hyatt, others just perfectly defended by maybe the best DB in the nation), another perfect throw where Hyatt and Palmer collided routes, scrambled when he needed to for multiple first downs, took zero sacks, but he played like crap? It wasn't perfect, but that was the best QB performance we've had vs Bama in some time...believe it or not.

Goodness the hate blinds some.

Last edited:
Lmao he only had the 2nd best qbr vs bama so far this year...graded the highest offensive grade by PFF vs Bama this year so far...threw 5 deep balls PERFECTLY on point and 3 more could have been TDs (1 called out by ref on Hyatt, others just perfectly defended by maybe the best DB in the nation), another perfect throw where Hyatt and Palmer collided routes, scrambled when he needed to for multiple first downs, took zero sacks, but he played like crap? It wasn't perfect, but that was the best QB performance we've had vs Bama in some time...believe it or not.

Or maybe I know stats mean jack squat when your OC limits the play calling due to poor decision making. You look at articles and box scores. I actually watch games. Tennessee will be lucky to be .500 if JG continues to start

Holy crap our standards as a program have gotten so low. He threw for 164 yards. Bama has allowed almost every QB they’ve played to pass for over 250 yards. And you realize that it is one of the best QB performances we have had in a while because JG has been here so long and was terrible every other time. His performance was on par with what a JV QB could throw in a game. It shouldn’t be hard for a college QB to throw for 250 yards in a game unless you run the option. The game has evolved. Any time JG isn’t a complete disaster people say he had a decent game and the only reason we say he had a decent game is because he didn’t have a compete meltdown.

He didn’t have a 3 interception and a fumble meltdown type game. But he still can’t connect on basic pitch and catch routes. Way too many 3 and outs. And Chaney is now running the ball more than necessary due to the fact he can’t trust JG to throw mid range passes. JG is horrible at checking down and starring at his target. The only thing he has going for him is a good deep ball. He still played like crap on Saturday
i think it's all relative.

relative to what we really need from the QB, yeah...i didn't see anything to get me excited.

relative to what JG is/has been....it was a good game.

woo hoo......?

Reactions: Devo182
Holy crap our standards as a program have gotten so low. He threw for 164 yards. Bama has allowed almost every QB they’ve played to pass for over 250 yards. And you realize that it is one of the best QB performances we have had in a while because JG has been here so long and was terrible every other time. His performance was on par with what a JV QB could throw in a game. It shouldn’t be hard for a college QB to throw for 250 yards in a game unless you run the option. The game has evolved. Any time JG isn’t a complete disaster people say he had a decent game and the only reason we say he had a decent game is because he didn’t have a compete meltdown.
...yep....

it's all relative. so he did have a good game. relatively speaking. :p

Or maybe I know stats mean jack squat when your OC limits the play calling due to poor decision making. You look at articles and box scores. I actually watch games. Tennessee will be lucky to be .500 if JG continues to start

Just to nitpick - none of the numbers he quoted are found in a box score except maybe QBR.

So he’s quite literally not looking at just the box score. He clearly watched the game as he accurately stated things that happened......during the game.

5 perfect deep balls ✔️
Receivers ran into each other ✔️
TD called back ✔️
Perfect D on the deep ball to Palmer ✔️
Scrambled when needed ✔️

By all means, hate on JG all you want. I get it - he’s not the guy.

But you’re misrepresenting the information Devo brought to the conversation.

Now back to Malone....

Because these QB's have each thrown +40 times in those games. Chaney lets JG throw around 20-25 times.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
Because these QB's have each thrown +40 times in those games. Chaney lets JG throw around 20-25 times.

This is not true.

Wisconsin QB last week - 20/21 for 248
Mac Jones - 25/31 for 387
Coastal Carolina - 15/28 for 252
Kansas State - 17/24 for 243
OK ST - 20/29 for 235
ND - 16/30 for 312
MIchigan - 15/22 for 225
BYU - 19/25 for 287

We make offense look hard because our QB is not good.

all in. JG can't take my happiness.

really hope dude works out whatever is in his head.
View attachment 318545

That was the ONLY option on this play. There were no other routes to throw to. That INT would have been thrown by 70-80% of QB's I believe. The end just happened to drop off at the last minute. (not to defend him, but that's what I see from the video).

The standard is very low that’s the issue I’m having with these people who boast and highlight Jarrett Romo’s inconsistent spotty performances he has a couple of times each year!😅😂 glad you feel my pain and frustration

This is not true.

Wisconsin QB last week - 20/21 for 248
Mac Jones - 25/31 for 387
Coastal Carolina - 15/28 for 252
Kansas State - 17/24 for 243
OK ST - 20/29 for 235
ND - 16/30 for 312
MIchigan - 15/22 for 225
BYU - 19/25 for 287

We make offense look hard because our QB is not good.

But his percentages are off the charts! He has been consistent with that atleast for 4 years which leads me to believe he’s watching out for himself and the draft lol too bad he won’t be drafted😅😂

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
But his percentages are off the charts! He has been consistent with that atleast for 4 years which leads me to believe he’s watching out for himself and the draft lol too bad he won’t be drafted😅😂
He would be lucky to make a practice squad the way he’s been playing the last few years. He’s barely a backup in the league.

VN Store

Back