'21 NJ DT Tywone Malone

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
Question: How do you pitch to Tywone?
Answer: With tears in your eyes.
Just pray he doesn't hit it up the box on ya. Man, could you imagine a liner back at you? Not at my age.
I'd throw the hook and try to catch the corner and steal a strike. Heat again on the outside corner. Then throw that hanging curve at him to make his knees buckle that catches the inside corner. Those were the days man.....

VolsSince78

Just pray he doesn't hit it up the box on ya. Man, could you imagine a liner back at you? Not at my age.
I'd throw the hook and try to catch the corner and steal a strike. Heat again on the outside corner. Then throw that hanging curve at him to make his knees buckle that catches the inside corner. Those were the days man.....
I sorta stole that Q&A from Black Jack McDowell of the ChiSox when somebody in the media asked McDowell how he pitched to Kirby Puckett.

I pitched from Little League to college ball, and though I broke my hand twice sliding into a base, the worst physical pain I ever felt in baseball was getting hit just above the knee by a line drive from my best friend while throwing batting practice in HS. We weren’t smart enough to use screens in front of the BP pitcher back then. It missed the kneecap, and turned out not serious at all. But I actually teared up a little while laying on the mound- even though there is no crying in BB. Sorry for wordiness.

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
Yeah, BP with no screen. We did a lot back then that's unimaginable today. The training. The off-season workouts. I would be playing basketball in His, and leave there and go to baseball practice.

VN Store

Sponsors