'22 NJ CB Davison Igbinosun (Ole Miss commit)

“Tennessee’s standing out right now,” said Igbinosun, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 35 cornerback in the 2022 class and the No. 3 senior from the state of New Jersey. “They’re one of the top contenders in my recruitment, to be honest with you.

“I came down to watch them ball. Those DBs were impressing me.”

“I loved the game-day atmosphere,” he said. “It was something I was completely new to. I’ve never seen anything like the SEC before. I’m a kid from New Jersey. Never seen anything like it. …

“I was in awe. Like I said, I’m a kid from New Jersey. I haven’t seen anything. It’s just big-time football.”

“They said it’s a big opportunity,” Igbinosun said. “They didn’t promise me anything or say I’d come and start as a true freshman. All they said (was) that, if I do come here, they’ll just give me an opportunity to show what I can do in this program.

“They said they liked my length in person. But, on film, they said they like my versatility. I could move anywhere. I could play corner, safety, in the nickel — anywhere in their secondary, to be honest.”

“I hung out with the guy who hosted me, actually, Theo Jackson,” Igbinosun said, referring to one of Tennessee’s senior starters in the secondary. “I hung out with Warren Burrell. I hung out with a whole bunch of guys.”

“The tradition here speaks for itself, so they didn’t have to do much,” Igbinosun said. “As soon as I walked into the stadium, I kind of understood.”

"But the players, they love Coach Heupel. They said he’s a player’s coach. He holds everyone accountable day in and day out. He points out the good and adjusts the flaws.”
callahan

Idk what his competition is like, but this kid is so much faster than anyone else on the field. Might be a WR honestly. Either way a great prospect who i hope we flip.

247 article on him. He sounds pretty excited about the visit this weekend. Wants to try on the black jersey.

Union is a group 5 public school which is New Jersey largest group. They are the number 1 ranked group 5 team in North Jersey which is loaded. They are ranked 29th in the state and are 5-1 and their only loss is to the 9th ranked team in the state. North jersey group 5 is loaded, they play legit teams. Obviously are non public schools like Bergen Catholic are the best schools and top ranked but as far as public schools NJ group 5 is the best our state has to offer. New Jersey goes by north, south, and central so we have 3 state champions per group. However next year they will have to play each other and there will be only 1 champion per group, first time nj is doing that. Probably useless information but just a little info on how Jersey schools work.

Union is a group 5 public school which is New Jersey largest group. They are the number 1 ranked group 5 team in North Jersey which is loaded. They are ranked 29th in the state and are 5-1 and their only loss is to the 9th ranked team in the state. North jersey group 5 is loaded, they play legit teams. Obviously are non public schools like Bergen Catholic are the best schools and top ranked but as far as public schools NJ group 5 is the best our state has to offer. New Jersey goes by north, south, and central so we have 3 state champions per group. However next year they will have to play each other and there will be only 1 champion per group, first time nj is doing that. Probably useless information but just a little info on how Jersey schools work.
Not useless at all sounds like he’s playing some of the best the state has to offer and making them look slow as molasses. Hope we pull this kid

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
"I think Nebraska has a chance to get involved, even though they are coming into it a little late," Union coach Lou Grasso said. "He's open to a lot of things. He is definitely open to Rutgers. He is not one of those decommits who just doesn't deal with the anymore. It depends on how these next few weekends go (with schools).
b.dohn

"I enjoyed it a lot," Igbinosun said. "I enjoyed the game. They blew South Carolina out. The thing that stood out, first and foremost, was when I went to the stadium and there was 100,000 people. I'm a kid from New Jersey. I've never seen anything like that.

"They were telling me there's nothing like Neyland Stadium," he said. "The Tennessee fans are very die hard. They pack Neyland all the time. It's a tough SEC schedule, so there's a bunch of big games.

"They want to use me to play safety and corner," said Igbinosun. "They said that they like my versatility and they like my length. They said there's a chance of me playing early with
Alontae Taylor leaving.

"I'm going to Ole Miss this weekend," he said. "I expect to see great football. I expect to see that atmosphere at Vaught Hemingway Stadium. I want to see what it's about. I think they'll pull the 'W'.

A former Rutgers commit, Davison is likely to head south to his college football career. The Vols put on a show in front of Davison when they had their chance a couple weekends ago and the atmosphere certainly left an impression. He sees an opportunity for playing time and that could go a long way in his recruitment but Ole Miss has been the school to watch for Davison since he opened up his recruitment earlier this fall. His experience in Oxford will be huge indicator as to whether or not the Rebels will end up with his commitment in the not too distant future.
friedman

VN Store

Back