NIL-What endorsements will UT players get?

Trans-Portal Moving Company
LBs: KPD, now hiring bama grads
Slanta-Claus Discount Insurance: We've got you covered....ho ho no we don't.
Rocket Fizz Soda
OL: Turnpike Turnstile Company

Last edited:
Reactions: Volatility
When in doubt, blame the athletes.

It’s not as if colleges are completely loyal to them.

Otherwise athletic scholarships would be good for four years instead of being renewed annually.
I think the athletes are the product of greed starting way back in AAU, summer camps and events sponsored by Universities. I dont blame the athletes for the tsunami of ill-gotten gains thrown their way. There will be less parity in college football especially than there was before.

A kid busts his a** his whole life to get an athletic scholarship, then busts his a** even more to make a name for themself in college but anything someone deems they are worth is “ill gotten”.

Meanwhile all their coaches, handlers, schools, etc, rake in money because of the kid and several like said kid.

A kid busts his a** his whole life to get an athletic scholarship, then busts his a** even more to make a name for themself in college but anything someone deems they are worth is “ill gotten”.

Meanwhile all their coaches, handlers, schools, etc, rake in money because of the kid and several like said kid.

Quality.

Perhaps I should have clarified, I do not blame the athletes, I blame the sickness of greed that sponsors, handlers, coaches, schools and others shower these kids with gifts so that their school wins at all costs. Then they manipulate the morality of these kids and convince them to lie continously about recieving them. This has been going on for so long that it is standard practice. Now it is legal with no limits and every booster, handler, coach, school etc. is seeking a way to manipulate this new system even more egregiously, greed is a powerful motivator and college football will never be the same.

Perhaps I should have clarified, I do not blame the athletes, I blame the sickness of greed that sponsors, handlers, coaches, schools and others shower these kids with gifts so that their school wins at all costs. Then they manipulate the morality of these kids and convince them to lie continously about recieving them. This has been going on for so long that it is standard practice. Now it is legal with no limits and every booster, handler, coach, school etc. is seeking a way to manipulate this new system even more egregiously, greed is a powerful motivator and college football will never be the same.

Hm. To me what you are saying is the players are now getting 1.0%, but they the schools are greedy and if they weren't greedy the players would get 0.1%. It seems backwards.

The schools were greedy, they greed in turn gave some of the players more than what they got in the 70s for instance, but at the end of the day the profits margins are way higher by running the scam.

Now it is legal with no limits and every booster, handler, coach, school etc. is seeking a way to manipulate this new system even more egregiously, greed is a powerful motivator and college football will never be the same.

Again, I think you have it backwards. The system ran by the NCAA and the member schools was and still is an unlawful scam, what you are witnessing is the unraveling of the scam. Without the greed, the scam would have been over long ago.

Hm. To me what you are saying is the players are now getting 1.0%, but they the schools are greedy and if they weren't greedy the players would get 0.1%. It seems backwards.

The schools were greedy, they greed in turn gave some of the players more than what they got in the 70s for instance, but at the end of the day the profits margins are way higher by running the scam.

Again, I think you have it backwards. The system ran by the NCAA and the member schools was and still is an unlawful scam, what you are witnessing is the unraveling of the scam. Without the greed, the scam would have been over long ago.
I appreciate your point of view, I really do, but the the scam just got bigger and dirtier. I dont have a problem with athletes trying to earn money, not at all. What I do have a problem with is a committed kid signs, stays for a little while and then enters the transfer portal for a bigger better deal from a rival school.

Reactions: LSU-SIU
I appreciate your point of view, I really do, but the the scam just got bigger and dirtier. I dont have a problem with athletes trying to earn money, not at all. What I do have a problem with is a committed kid signs, stays for a little while and then enters the transfer portal for a bigger better deal from a rival school.

I appreciate what you are saying as well. We just want to watch some clean college sports and have an innocent good time. Unfortunately, I think the world has gotten to complicated, the schools kept counting the cash. Once we throw emotion out of picture, all these big college sports is just another business.

What I do have a problem with is a committed kid signs, stays for a little while and then enters the transfer portal for a bigger better deal from a rival school.

I would say that is where this is at, not tomorrow... but today. I'm having a hard time envisioning anyone being happy, let alone everyone. I would expect the whole thing to tumble down at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
My first thoughts, are there any limits or guidelines. As much as I agree that the athletic should be able to benefit and not the university and others like what has been going on for years, College football is now officially a semi pro league. A lot of cheating in the future which will no longer be cheating. Who will be the NY Yankees of what was called college football? Any links to what the rules are?

No alcohol, no gambling, no adult entertainment, no weed (Colorado)

wondering if the Schools get a cut if the player uses the uniform logo in any ads or photos ? I know with cards certain companies dont have a license with the schools and the cards end up looking like this
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
There’s actually a bang for the buck. They don’t care about Maurer being an authority on anything. He just Tweeted to 20,000 followers and it just got linked here where it will generate even more views.
Absolutely right. It is about views. It will turn in to high schoolers trying to grow their social media followers before college so that they can get those endorsements earlier.

So yeah…that is exactly what we need as a society teenagers growing their online presence.

I support this, but these kids are gonna need some help focusing. It will quickly not be about football/team.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
All I know is that the amount of money donated to secure tickets should go down. The only reason I donated is because I thought the dollars was used to assist in some way the athletes.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back