NIL Investigations

I would imagine any NIL rule-breaking centers around using NIL deals as a means of inducement to get a player to sign.

I would imagine any NIL rule-breaking centers around using NIL deals as a means of inducement to get a player to sign.
Those (if you mean NCAA guidelines) are not anymore enforceable than the enhanced educational benefits which was the Supreme Court case.

There isn't anything complex about this, if they (NCAA) try and restrict trade they are most likely in violation of the Sherman Act.

If the NCAA takes action against a player, they could be held liable under the Sherman Act - just like they currently are in countless suits. Further, the Sherman Act has criminal penalties available to a prosecutor.

If they contact the schools and ask a school to bring the hammer down on a player, that too would easily be an anti-trust violation.

My guess is they are trying to get schools to do more self-enforcing. LOL

What a mess. Before anyone really knows how it works or should be handled, they are already investigating a few for breaking the rules. Could this get any more jacked up?

What a mess. Before anyone really knows how it works or should be handled, they are already investigating a few for breaking the rules. Could this get any more jacked up?

Its not a mess. They are desperate.

Its all very clear, the NCAA needs to get out of the way.

Those (if you mean NCAA guidelines) are not anymore enforceable than the enhanced educational benefits which was the Supreme Court case.

There isn't anything complex about this, if they (NCAA) try and restrict trade they are most likely in violation of the Sherman Act.

If the NCAA takes action against a player, they could be held liable under the Sherman Act - just like they currently are in countless suits. Further, the Sherman Act has criminal penalties available to a prosecutor.

If they contact the schools and ask a school to bring the hammer down on a player, that too would easily be an anti-trust violation.

My guess is they are trying to get schools to do more self-enforcing. LOL
I never said it was enforceable. Very few of any of the NCAA rules are enforceable. I'm just saying that using NIL deals as a means to induce the signing of a player is a really obvious way the rule can be broken.

I never said it was enforceable. Very few of any of the NCAA rules are enforceable. I'm just saying that using NIL deals as a means to induce the signing of a player is a really obvious way the rule can be broken.

I get what you are saying. ;)

I would just say there are no rules without enforcement, they're guidelines and wishful thinking.

"We recommend Texas A&M stop all these inducement incentives." - NCAA

LOL

Geez man, you know where this is going to go.

The NCAA will investigate Oklahoma for years and then somehow punish Kansas St. Tis the way of the world.

After the Supreme Court decision in June, I don't think a lower court is going to hesitate to enjoin the NCAA from any action that might impact a player as far as compensation/payment/gifts/etc... if it came to that.

There really is nowhere for the NCAA to go at this time with all this.

NCAA president Mark Emmert said trust and collegiality within college athletics is suffering after the recent round of conference realignment and other developments within the industry.
"If you can't self-regulate an environment on collegiality and trust and good communications, you've got a big problem."
Emmert: Trust issues 'worse' throughout NCAA

Basically, he is trying to get the schools to do maybe some things the NCAA can't, but its not really practical or realistic. He should consider learning to code.

VN Store

Back