NIL a complete disaster

Wondering if there are "rules" in this thing that would eliminate certain types of marketing for student athletes? Like a 21 year old starting qb that is marketing for Jack Daniels or Budweiser. I don't think the university would like a kid representing them doing it at that level.... There could be a ton of things that are marketed today that would fall into some kind of questionable area.
According to what Gov Lee did in our state yes, it says no gambling, alcohol, tobacco, or adult entertainment. I don’t know what other states have done with theirs, but apparently we’re the 15th state to have passed it. Will be interesting to see where this all leads to. Maybe some of our big donors will start paying some of our big time recruits for their NIL.

Reactions: DickeyD
According to what Gov Lee did in our state yes, it says no gambling, alcohol, tobacco, or adult entertainment. I don’t know what other states have done with theirs, but apparently we’re the 15th state to have passed it. Will be interesting to see where this all leads to. Maybe some of our big donors will start paying some of our big time recruits for their NIL.

So the athlete needs to transfer in order to accept alcohol or gambling money? Seems like all this NIL does is encourage transfers. I noticed the PAC-12 just signed the president of MGM as the commissioner. It seems like a huge disadvantage to allow one state’s players to accept gambling funds while another state does not.

Last edited:
Pay em, pay every damn one of them. Watch the non-revenue sports fold, men's sport get cancelled because the ladies have to have a cut and then.......MAKE them pay their damn taxes. If you look at the tax code now, these guys in top programs are going to be $250k a year earners. Who's going to pay that tax bill?

Pay em, pay every damn one of them. Watch the non-revenue sports fold, men's sport get cancelled because the ladies have to have a cut and then.......MAKE them pay their damn taxes. If you look at the tax code now, these guys in top programs are going to be $250k a year earners. Who's going to pay that tax bill?

You do realize they’re getting paid now, yes?

So the athlete needs to transfer in order to accept alcohol or gambling money? Seems like all this NIL does is encourage transfers. I noticed the PAC-12 just signed the president of MGM as the commissioner. It seems like a huge disadvantage to allow one state’s players to accept gambling funds while another state does not.
I would agree and I don’t think that those stipulations will be able to hold for very long. As soon as some schools start allowing them I would think the rest will follow suit.

All that will disappear as well, eventually. Each of the 50 States will have different statute structure and many of them will be unconstitutional. If I were a player I just do whatever I wanted... why would a school at this point care? The player will just collect their money anyway and transfer, if the school decided to remove the player from the team.

Not sure what the point of all this is, its the collusion part that is coming to an end... with that the ability to really enforce anything. Individual schools could lay the wood down, but than they won't get the players they want.

Nobody really has the power to enforce, not even the State. (not really)

If the school doesn't care if a normal student was doing this, not sure why they would care a player is doing it. What's the objective here?

Last edited:
Arkansas already marketing.....mentioning the "opportunity" of NIL in their video.

You all thought college kids were bad on their own?

Wait til you add money to the mix.

I'd say violence and drugs are going to increase astronomically.

Reactions: AshG
I saw today where Georgia is already using it in their recruiting pitch. Those schools that jump in early will, in my opinion, have a major advantage in signing the higher profile athletes. I know Governor Lee signed the bill but I don't know when it goes into affect in Tennessee. South Carolina begins in the 2022 season. Seems like that will hurt there chances with the 4* and 5* recruits. The NCAA is in the midst of destroying college athletics, IMO.

I saw today where Georgia is already using it in their recruiting pitch. Those schools that jump in early will, in my opinion, have a major advantage in signing the higher profile athletes. I know Governor Lee signed the bill but I don't know when it goes into affect in Tennessee. South Carolina begins in the 2022 season. Seems like that will hurt there chances with the 4* and 5* recruits. The NCAA is in the midst of destroying college athletics, IMO.
Yeah that’s what hurts South Carolina’s chances with 4&5 stars!! Haha

I'm assuming by July 1st any player from any state will generally not have to run when receiving payments. What you are about to witness is going to be entertaining.

A good chance in June the NCAA issues guidelines that it has no guidelines. Haha.

Looking to Congress in the next few years seems like a risky bet as well i.e. anti-trust exemption as than the NCAA would have to say all these players are employees, doing a 180. Than schools are going to be sued out the ass. Haha.

No easy out for the NCAA at this point.

Last edited:
I saw in another thread where an article was referenced that stated that part of the recruiters duties will probably include telling the recruit what financial programs (possible contracts between recruit and businesses) may be available. I can picture the recruiter being the middle person setting up contracts between the prospect and business. With all this money in college football everyone wants a share of the pie. UT will do ok but smaller schools like UT Chattanooga will be really hurt. IMO

I saw in another thread where an article was referenced that stated that part of the recruiters duties will probably include telling the recruit what financial programs (possible contracts between recruit and businesses) may be available. I can picture the recruiter being the middle person setting up contracts between the prospect and business. With all this money in college football everyone wants a share of the pie. UT will do ok but smaller schools like UT Chattanooga will be really hurt. IMO

If one school decides to pay players this season, exactly what is the NCAA going to do about it right now?

VN Store

Back