Nike Executive Quits After Her Son Used Her Credit Card To Buy $132,000 In Special Edition Shoes, And Sold Them For a $20,000 Profit

Franklin Pierce

Veteran Nike executive quits after her son, 19, 'used a credit card in her name to spend $132,000 on limited edition sneakers so he could flip them for a $20,000 profit for his resale business'

• Ann Hebert has been forced to quit Nike with departure effective immediately
  • She was vice president and general manager of Nike's North America business and had worked at the company for 25 years
A Nike vice president has left the sportswear giant days after it was reported that her teenage son had used a credit card in her name to buy $132,000 worth of limited edition sneakers before selling them on for a $20,000 profit.

Bloomberg Businessweek last week reported that Hebert's son Joe, 19, used an American Express corporate card in his mom's name to purchase the sneakers for his resale company, West Coast Streetwear.

Records show that a Pascal Hebert launched West Coast Streetwear before it was transferred to Joe. Pascal is believed to be Ann's husband.

The report said college dropout Joe used specialized computer programs to purchase the most sought-after sneakers after they were released online, in one case spending over $132,000 on the credit card to stock up on the limited edition sneakers before reselling them at a higher price.

39939046-9314605-image-m-9_1614675168117.jpg

Joe Hebert's business has reportedly been booming despite the Covid-19 pandemic. Above, an image taken from Hebert's business account

Nike executive quits after son 'used her credit card to buy sneakers and flip them for a profit' | Daily Mail Online

You have to wonder why Amex allows $132k to be charged on one card without some sort of communication with the cardholder?

Reactions: AM64
You have to wonder why Amex allows $132k to be charged on one card without some sort of communication with the cardholder?

All it takes for me to trigger an audit is booking travel a day before a trip. I feel confident a $132k charge is going to trigger an audit every time.

I’ll never understand why someone would want to buy “collector” prices for sneakers.

As aVP/GM goodness knows what the threshold for alert is. As a lowly salesman I found out $15K was my alert when I when to pay for a golf outing and my phone rang less than 5 minutes after the charge. Someone in accounting at Corporate headquarters got a flag from AMEX.
I suspect she was let go because she "permitted" the usage.

mmmmkay... and what's the problem here?
I moonlighted at a big box toy store for extra Christmas cash one year and we were told we’d be fired if caught reselling things that it was hard for the store to keep in stock. That was for a crummy retail part time seasonal job. Nike probably doesn’t want the bad pr.

VN Store

Back