Nigel Warrior/Dale Carter

BornonRockyTop

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the fact that Nigel is Dale Carter's son and that Dale was a great player here in the early 90's. I remember watching him play for the Chiefs and thinking how underrated he was and how he would play receiver/return punts like Deion Sanders. After wondering what had happened to Dale over the years, I found this interview he did with Kansas City media and it is startling. Basically states that he doesn't hardly remember playing football. Very sad. I know he and Nigel are estranged but he does wear Dale's number 18. Anyone know anything further about their relationship?

One of the all-time Vol greats. Lord, that boy laid wood like no UT safety ever not named Eric Berry. And he did so at only 185#. What a great talent. Hope he doesn't have this memory thing bring him down.

I remember my late father and I went to the Temple game in 91(iirc). We were in the upper deck looking at each after about one quarter asking "who in the heck is that #18". JUCO guy showed up like we couldn't believe.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
One of the all-time Vol greats. Lord, that boy laid wood like no UT safety ever not named Eric Berry. And he did so at only 185#. What a great talent. Hope he doesn't have this memory thing bring him down.

I remember my late father and I went to the Temple game in 91(iirc). We were in the upper deck looking at each after about one quarter asking "who in the heck is that #18". JUCO guy showed up like we couldn't believe.

Ditto!

Reactions: Samthebam
Was my favorite Vol as a kid...pre Manning who is 6 months older than me so didnt come in until I was much older...
Dale Carter is the best athlete we have had in my lifetime, on either side of the ball. Legitimately the fastest player on the field every time he suited up, even against fla, and everyone knew it. He would dance around on kick returns until he saw a seam...then he was gone. Gone. He was a 1st team all American at DB and 1st team all American kick returner. Led the country with 30yds per return as a senior? Could have been Jr. Year. He would bait opposing QBs into throwing his way by giving the receiver a step or 2...then close the gap effortlessly and grab the pick. A la Deion Sanders. Without a doubt he is the best DB I have ever seen in UT orange...and I was and am a huge EB fan. Like the previous poster said, he was listed at 185 but I am not sure he wasnt really about 175...but he hit like a truck. "POP!!!" You could hear it in the cheap seats when he laid the wood on a WR...I saw him return a kick for a TD at home when I was 5 or 6 years old and he was my favorite VOL from that day on....he would jump up and down on the sidelines talking trash before the kickoff...he knew that he could back it up. I don't know if they timed electronically back then, but he was a legit 4.3 guy in the 40...and probably a little over 10 in the 100. World class track speed and moves like Cordarelle...

Yall younger VOLS check out some tape on Dale Carter as a Vol...he is the only Dback in the last 40 years we have had more acclaimed than EB...then with KC he was a perennial Pro Bowler at corner, only Deion got more attention than him at corner. It is crazy that the Chiefs have had both of the best DBs to come from UT in the last 40 years. Love both those guys.

Reactions: Vol49er
I'm sure everyone is familiar with the fact that Nigel is Dale Carter's son and that Dale was a great player here in the early 90's. I remember watching him play for the Chiefs and thinking how underrated he was and how he would play receiver/return punts like Deion Sanders. After wondering what had happened to Dale over the years, I found this interview he did with Kansas City media and it is startling. Basically states that he doesn't hardly remember playing football. Very sad. I know he and Nigel are estranged but he does wear Dale's number 18. Anyone know anything further about their relationship?

I didn’t get the sense that they’re estranged.

Dale Carter was Corderale Patterson on returns with cover skills like Cameron Sutton. I hate to hear that about him. I used to love watching those physical db's lay the wood on someone coming over the middle but now it hurts me to think about it. I can't enjoy football like I used to. I hope all of those guys suffering from concussion syndrome the best.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Dale Carter was Corderale Patterson on returns with cover skills like Cameron Sutton. I hate to hear that about him. I used to love watching those physical db's lay the wood on someone coming over the middle but now it hurts me to think about it. I can't enjoy football like I used to. I hope all of those guys suffering from concussion syndrome the best.

He covered a good bit better than Sutton. Or maybe he just had slower receivers to cover.

He was tougher than Berry, just my opinion

One of my memories of Dale Carter was the Miracle in South Bend. After fumbling a punt in the first quarter that led to a Notre Dame touchdown, he intercepted a pass with about 5 minutes to play that led to our winning score.
On the winning score I remember Kelly's screen pass to Hayden, then Pickens running down the field being followed by a Notre Dame defensive back, whose being followed by Hayden into the end zone.

I didn’t get the sense that they’re estranged.

Really? I've just heard bits and pieces from a few people that thought they were but I wasn't sure. I knew Dale lived in Covington, GA the last I heard and he sounded a bit out of touch in the interview I posted.

VN Store

Back