Nick Saban & Kirby Smart THREATENED by Vols NIL Collective

Wanna know how we are on our way back. Saban and Kirby are bellyaching about the NIL know. Spire Sports has them shaking in there boots.

They can't stand that the sleeping giant of Knoxville has woken up. It's a great time to be a Vol Nation.

GBDO

Read that yesterday. I love it. I hope they get what's coming to them both

Nick Sabin getting his way every time he says something should be investigated . He has to much control of CF like he runs the show.

Nick Saban had better get use to this because this is only the beginning of this and I don't think we have even begin to see where this is going. There is way to much money to be made and the NCAA is standing in the way of it and has been for awhile and in the end congress will end it and give the power to the school and then everybody in every neck of the woods aka corporate America will want a piece of the pie.

Wanna know how we are on our way back. Saban and Kirby are bellyaching about the NIL know. Spire Sports has them shaking in there boots.

They can't stand that the sleeping giant of Knoxville has woken up. It's a great time to be a Vol Nation.

GBDO

The NIL has leveled the playing field in the SEC.

Why those two are crying about this I have no ideal Bama and Georgia been has been buying players for a 100 years now. It's now legal and they are acting like it's the end of the world.
With NIL they can’t run the table on 5*s. Any school who has a rich donor can individually pull in players like Deon Sanders did last year. Fortunately we have put ourselves in a good position...

With NIL they can’t run the table on 5*s. Any school who has a rich donor can individually pull in players like Deon Sanders did last year. Fortunately we have put ourselves in a good position...
I ask this question if you have a great system like Alabama and Georgia do and you have these great coaches like they do you really need that much talent to succeed sure it helps but can't you get just as much out of a lower guy like you do that top talent?

Yeah, Saban has beaten us over 10 years in a row and Smart just won a national championship, but year one of NIL has them worried.

Sounds like clickbait to me.
The picture tell it all look at the detail of picture. Could it be that maybe just maybe Tennessee finally after a decade and half might have got it right? Saban is a football coach possibly the greatest ever over the years he has proved that he can identify talent. He has done saw Heupel offense up close and it did cause his defense headaches for 3 and 1/2 quarters. Maybe he knows that there is a high possibility that the Nico effect could become a snowball effect that could be a huge thorn in his side? Throw in the NIL and the transfer portal not yes or no to these question only time will tell.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Why those two are crying about this I have no ideal Bama and Georgia been has been buying players for a 100 years now. It's now legal and they are acting like it's the end of the world.

It's because they, along with Clemson (notice Dabo is also anti-NIL), have mastered the art of cheating.

While all schools likely cheat to some degree.... those three schools specifically seem to do so in such a bold and brazen way - hence their advantage.

NIL effectively eliminates that advantage. Hence their concern.

Yeah, Saban has beaten us over 10 years in a row and Smart just won a national championship, but year one of NIL has them worried.

Sounds like clickbait to me.
You don’t get to BE at the level of Saban or Smart if you aren’t constantly worried and always on the lookout for the next threat to your throne. Uneasy rests the head that wears the crown as the saying goes

I remember one thing Nick said about why he left the NFL was that it was hard for players to respect him when they were making several times as much as he is. I wonder if that's part of it is that with NIL, players could (if not done correctly) go somewhere else and not put up with his crap.

I would absolutely hate to be a college coach, no doubt. Between roster management, personality management, and now throw in this, it's gotta be immensely more difficult than before. However, this is the new reality. Get with it or get left behind. Tennessee seems like they're in a great spot to be successful, between having a personable head coach, a competent AD, and a collective that is apparently #1 in the country, with a fanbase eager to donate and win.

The NCAA just needs to get out of the way. They and the coaches are literally the only ones crying. And they and the coaches have been abusing the system for years. A coach can leave for more money, but a kid can't transfer and get paid at all. Just very unfair.

I hope it doesn't ruin the sport. But it also could increase fan involvement and investment. Now many of us have skin in the game through Spyre, and feel like we're truly making a difference in the quality of the program. That's different than just buying season tix to support a new addition to a stadium or a buyout. I'd say, from a fan perspective, it can be rewarding to the fan bases like ours who are truly passionate, and willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Reactions: SpookyAction
And to think that we were all (myself included) so depressed and certain that Tennessee wouldn’t be able to pony up enough cash to compete. Call me ecstatically surprised 😃

You don’t get to BE at the level of Saban or Smart if you aren’t constantly worried and always on the lookout for the next threat to your throne. Uneasy rests the head that wears the crown as the saying goes

True. Probably just bothers me more than it should when lazy journalists put out articles like “This ONE SEC East team on the RISE has NICK SABAN and KIRBY SMART worried, click here to see more!”

VN Store

Back