Nice Read on LaTrell Bumphus

WillisWG

I don't like radicals left or right!
Bumphus Leaving Rocky Top Better Than He Found It - University of Tennessee Athletics

Nice read!
"The biggest thing is, I’m from Tennessee. Even through all the ups and downs, Tennessee has always been a place I want to call home. It’s definitely been hard at times, but it’s great now to finally see those hard days pay off. It’s been very rewarding, and looking back on it makes you very thankful that you stuck around. I’m just very blessed with all the opportunities that I’ve been provided with. Just being able to stick it out, I think it’s really paid off. You’re starting to see that on the field now."​
LaTrell Bumphus

It is awesome to see the young men who stuck with the team being rewarded for all their hard work and dedication. In life there is nothing more gratifying than the sense of accomplishment you get from that.

Excited for him! Just realized he has had 3 different head coaches and position coaches throughout his college career at UT. Wow. Props to him for persevering during the Butch and Pruitt fiascos.

From my hometown. Super proud for him.
I've known Latrell since he was 14. He was my son's VBS teacher for two summers. He is a more amazing young man than most of you think. He was a great young man before he went to Knoxville, and he has gone to the next level.
He has bought in with 3 head coaches and has persevered personal injury and huge let downs, and overcome it all to be a vital member of our DLine the last two seasons.

He is the kind of player a Championship Foundation is built on.

Last edited:
Wonder if Hudson Wolfe wishes he came here instead of Ole Miss.
I don't know how he feels about how things have shaken out in Oxford.

His injury was bad before he went to Oxford. He is a local guy and probably the best prospect to ever come from Hardin County, TN, but he was hurt much worse than anyone was told.

I don't know how different things would have been for him personally if he was a Vol.
I don't think he would have accomplished anything on the field here either.

People who knew him said he was more likely to go to Bama than UT anyway. I never had the impression UT was really in the running. I was hopeful, but was told not to expect anything in our direction all along.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back