NFL will have its first Black Friday game (3PM ET) this season

TrueOrange

Reactions: MAD and Volfan1000
I’m not a huge fan of this. It feels like the NFL has just taken over everything. There used to be a lot of good Thursday night college football games and now that’s been taken away. I feel like the Black Friday college games were always fun to have on, even if I wasn’t that interested in them. Even the expanded CFP is having to dance around the NFL and put games on Wednesdays and Thursdays. It feels like both should be able to coexist.

I’m not a huge fan of this. It feels like the NFL has just taken over everything. There used to be a lot of good Thursday night college football games and now that’s been taken away. I feel like the Black Friday college games were always fun to have on, even if I wasn’t that interested in them. Even the expanded CFP is having to dance around the NFL and put games on Wednesdays and Thursdays. It feels like both should be able to coexist.

Is it mostly because of the NFL or because the big $ schools no longer wanted to play short week games?

Reactions: Plecoptera
Is it mostly because of the NFL or because the big $ schools no longer wanted to play short week games?
I think it could be a combination of both. I feel like some big schools like Ohio State, Tennessee, Penn State and some other big schools have recently played Thursday night openers before the NFL season had started. Now that the NFL has started playing a Thursday game almost every week, a lot of the Power 5 conferences that would put a Thursday night game have moved them to Fridays. I think the ACC and B1G always have a Friday night game now.

I haven't heard a peep about college football horning in on Friday nights, which until a few years ago, was reserved solely for high school games. There isn't any circumstances for which I would watch the Arkansas-Missouri game over ANY NFL. In fact, other than our Vols, I much prefer any NFL game over any college game

VN Store

Back