Neyland Stadium South End Zone Renovations

EarlVolFan

Looks like something is about to be announced...

When Phillip Fulmer expects Tennessee's Neyland Stadium renovation to begin

This is what we should do (minus the dressing room). It gets rid of the upper deck that we can’t sell tickets in, opens the stadium to the iconic view of the river and makes room for a new, larger size video board (move the old one to the north side).

94497117-3B1F-434A-980C-E2ACACA4F347.jpeg

This is what we should do (minus the dressing room). It gets rid of the upper deck that we can’t sell tickets in, opens the stadium to the iconic view of the river and makes room for a new, larger size video board (move the old one to the north side).

View attachment 209973
I don't want to sacrifice capacity for a better view. I've always tooked pride in being one of the largest stadiums in college football. Just my two cents tho

I understand, but the days of 100K stadiums in college football are over. We can’t sell the seats in the south endzone now, so how do you justify spending the money to renovate it?

I don't want to sacrifice capacity for a better view. I've always tooked pride in being one of the largest stadiums in college football. Just my two cents tho

Have you visited Sanford Stadium? It’s far from inferior. In fact it’s probably one of the nicest in the SEC (minus the sky high upper, upper deck they try to put visitors in)

I prefer winning games, keeping capacity (and attendance) at over 100k, and not replicating an inferior Sanford Stadium....

Reactions: Top Gun
I understand, but the days of 100K stadiums in college football are over. We can’t sell the seats in the south endzone now, so how do you justify spending the money to renovate it?

Psssssh. Wait till I (finally leave this meth-infested cesspool of Joplin, MO and) get to Knoxville. I'm willing to trade body parts for season tickets, south endzone would be perfectly okay by me.

I prefer winning games, keeping capacity (and attendance) at over 100k, and not replicating an inferior Sanford Stadium....
There's nothing really inferior about Sanford except maybe the 600 level being pushed back a little too far. It's fine.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I understand your sentiment, I have 24 season tickets this year, but, in case you missed it, the university is selling south endzone upper deck tickets this year for $25 a game.

Psssssh. Wait till I (finally leave this meth-infested cesspool of Joplin, MO and) get to Knoxville. I'm willing to trade body parts for season tickets, south endzone would be perfectly okay by me.

Have you visited Sanford Stadium? It’s far from inferior. In fact it’s probably one of the nicest in the SEC (minus the sky high upper, upper deck they try to put visitors in)

Been there 3x (98, 06, and 14). They've put money into it but the entire game experience is still better at Neyland.

There's nothing really inferior about Sanford except maybe the 600 level being pushed back a little too far. It's fine.

Sanford is fine but I wouldn't trade the Neyland experience for any stadium nationally. I just find the UGA/Sanford experience generic. If you rank the entire game experience, I think UGA is middle of the pack in the SEC.

The only thing we need to copy from UGA is the level of talent on the field...

Been there 3x (98, 06, and 14). They've put money into it but the entire game experience is still better at Neyland.
Neyland does have better atmosphere but I really wish we hadn't gotten hung up on seating capacity 20-30 years ago. It'd be a better experience if the capacity was a little lower. The concourses can't handle it and the seats are ridiculous in places.

You're right though. Places like UGA, Auburn and SC feel a little cookie cutter.

Agreed, but we’re talking about the stadium, not the experience...

I'd say a lot of our experience is having the giant stadium with over 100k in there. The Neyland experience would be different in an 80k seat stadium.

I'll admit..UGA's renovation money appears to be better spent than ours has been...

View attachment 209973

How about we knock out the north side as well since it blocks the iconic view of the hill.

I still can’t believe, with the power of football that they are building two new buildings right up against the east side. That area should have been repurposed for entry and concourse for Neyland.

Reactions: onevol74
I don't think it has to be that low but let's be honest. It's a 100k capacity crammed into a 90k space.

Pretty standard for most bleacher seat stadiums I've been in. Oregon's stadium is officially 54,000, but they shoe-horn them in to reach that number.

Ever since the Oilers moved to Tennessee our attendance has suffered. People who would regularly come to games from Nashville now have to decide between spending their money on The Vols or The Titans. Instead of knocking out a section of Neyland I’d rather see that team move out of state so we are the only show in the state.

Pretty standard for most bleacher seat stadiums I've been in. Oregon's stadium is officially 54,000, but they shoe-horn them in to reach that number.

They shoehorn them in there at Lambeau but you dont see the Packers thinking, we need to make our stadium experience generic and cookie cutter like the Titans...

Ever since the Oilers moved to Tennessee our attendance has suffered. People who would regularly come to games from Nashville now have to decide between spending their money on The Vols or The Titans. Instead of knocking out a section of Neyland I’d rather see that team move out of state so we are the only show in the state.

That's BS. Attendance has suffered because the team has sucked for a decade. In the past 15 years, I've been to several half empty or opposing fans equal or outnumber Titans fans games..

61f9445cfc93c83824a67fa9c81055c2.gif

VN Store

Back