Neyland Renovation

bornbleddinorange

we'll get em next year
When will the Neyland renovation begin? I feel like all of the upper deck should be covered.

Wouldnt mind for that to start right around the time we start winning games and then we get all the cruits.

No one knows, it is on hold while the AD goes through the plans and funds are raised.

From what I’ve seen they’re going to take away the existing portion of covered uppdeck and put a Jumbotron on that end as well. So likely will not be covering the upper deck.

When will the Neyland renovation begin? I feel like all of the upper deck should be covered.

Wouldnt mind for that to start right around the time we start winning games and then we get all the cruits.

They are waiting for you to donate another $50 mil before they start, lol. Wouldn't that be a nice thing to be able to do.

Of course I think Neyland is the greatest stadium on Earth, but the old girl could use a little work. I'll be glad when they finish the concourse widening and the brickwork around the rest of the exterior. Gate 21 looks great.
I'm happy with the campus wide projects as well. Humanities needs to go next, that building was a dump when I was a student a few years ago. I'm also jealous of the new UC. The old one was insanely over-crowded

Last edited:
Of course I think Neyland is the greatest stadium on Earth, but the old girl could use a little work. I'll be glad when they finish the concourse widening and the brickwork around the rest of the exterior. Gate 21 looks great.
I'm happy with the campus wide projects as well. Humanities needs to go next, that building was a dump when I was there a few years ago. I'm also jealous of the new UC. The old one was insanely over-crowded.

HSS, McClung, and Stokely Mngmt need to go badly along with the communications building in circle park and the admin building behind it.

That should be the last of the atinwiated looking buildings....Except for maybe Hyper.....

Add a third deck, 4 sided Cowboys style screens, and cover that.

Remember all those kids that wanted to go to the games on Jones last season? Make the new upper deck free for school aged kids.

Add a third deck, 4 sided Cowboys style screens, and cover that.

Remember all those kids that wanted to go to the games on Jones last season? Make the new upper deck free for school aged kids.
Lol if they built up, you would literally be climbing a ladder to get to your seats in the upper deck.

Reactions: AllVolinGA
HSS, McClung, and Stokely Mngmt need to go badly along with the communications building in circle park and the admin building behind it.

That should be the last of the atinwiated looking buildings....Except for maybe Hyper.....

Stokely Mngmt Building is the biggest eye sore on campus. The Spam Can needs to go!

Reactions: bigeasy
Don’t change anything. Bring back all the urinal bath tubs. Keep the seats narrow and the corridors dark. Make it uncomfortable for visiting fans so they stay away.

Reactions: TN_Transplant
Don’t change anything. Bring back all the urinal bath tubs. Keep the seats narrow and the corridors dark. Make it uncomfortable for visiting fans so they stay away.
"Meet you at the trough!" was a running joke among my friends before gameday.
Let's keep the new urinals at least, I don't care to get to know my neighbors that well.

And bring back smoking sections! Our downfall coincides with Neyland becoming smoke-free.

Rather invest in a good coaching staff 1st. I hope we can get Tee. I would sacrifice 5 years of non renovating to have Tee and Pittman.

Just take the Alabama colored mats off the brick wall and make the most orange. Or white. Or anything not crimson lol

"Meet you at the trough!" was a running joke among my friends before gameday.
Let's keep the new urinals at least, I don't care to get to know my neighbors that well.

And bring back smoking sections! Our downfall coincides with Neyland becoming smoke-free.
The trough under section W was awesome.

The trough under section W was awesome.
The downside also coincides with the orange goal-post pads replacing the white ones...and the original jumbotron which got rid of of the orange V O L S letters in the upperdeck of the S. endzone.

Reactions: zeppelin128

If you covered the south upper deck, no one would be able to see the Jumbotron, except possibly those in the very upper levels of the north upper deck.

VN Store

Back