Neyland Renovation Update?

I know it's a point of pride with many of our fans, but I think it's time to get over this mind set that Neyland must have a seating capacity of over 95,000 and understand that these changes will be enhancing the overall fan experience while also making for a more aesthetically pleasing venue with modern amenities. It's the 21st century. Tennessee's football program needs to join it.
We have already joined it. Have you seen our record over the last 10 years. We had a better football team when we had a capacity of over 105,000.

I wonder how much making chairbacks in the lower section of west sideline reduces the number of seats and what are they going to do to relocate those if it does.

I wonder how much making chairbacks in the lower section of west sideline reduces the number of seats and what are they going to do to relocate those if it does.

A lot. 1st you would have to re-build the whole side. The rows are too narrow for chairbacks. You would go from 66-ish rows to mid-upper 50's. Plus there would be fewer seats per row. If anyone sits on the W. Sidelines the steps are very uneven and not level. You need a certain level of buzz to navigate them properly. :)

I do think we should keep it over 100k. Yes, it's based on pride but that's one thing we can take pride in regardless of the on-field product. Start competing for championships again and the stadium will fill up.
But everyone is so much fatter now than they were when the seating was originally configured.

This and a couple other issues are why I don't attend anymore. It's just so uncomfortable that I end up sitting sideways and my back can't take it like it used to.

Reactions: bpalmer28
It'd be nice if they'd convert the chairbacks in the north upper deck to bleachers. That might offset the loss of capacity due to the renovation

But everyone is so much fatter now than they were when the seating was originally configured.

This and a couple other issues are why I don't attend anymore. It's just so uncomfortable that I end up sitting sideways and my back can't take it like it used to.
I actually understand. It is fairly miserable.

VN Store

Back