Neyland north video board package released

here is a 3D image of the Neyland north video board package being released this week & will be finished in time for next season.
Aren't they taking the ramp out on the river side of the stadium and adding escalators?

Aren't they taking the ramp out on the river side of the stadium and adding escalators?
Yes and no. Ramp going out, but no escalators. Instead, fans will line up to use multiple bungee cords to enter the stadium. This is to increase the number of people who say WOO! And it should be faster for fans sitting in the upper decks. In theory at least.

Yes and no. Ramp going out, but no escalators. Instead, fans will line up to use multiple bungee cords to enter the stadium. This is to increase the number of people who say WOO! And it should be faster for fans sitting in the upper decks. In theory at least.

I dunno man, those sudden bungee cord jerks may cause my mustard to fly out of my pockets at an unintended time !

Make sure to get the dark brown cargo pants just in case you lose your grip on that bungee cord.

I got a pair in every color. But I am not doing that. If I go to a game, I will find lower bowl seats.

I would be willing to give up 2,454 seats if it means great new fan friendly changes.
But, please keep us at 100,001. I just like the bragging rights of having a one hundred thousand seat arena.
The 2 bowls seat a little over 96,000. 102,455 doesn't really exist. UT calls that a total gameday atmosphere.

sad. they needed to design it with adding seats in mind.

I know many fans take pride in the capacity of Neyland but fewer people are attending games these days. Prior to Ole Miss, when was the last UT sellout? '16 Bama maybe?

Reactions: vettefool
We need to be ready for when we start winning 10+ again

I can't wait until we get back to those days. Sadly, I think by that time (even if it's only a few years) the average fan will be priced out. People do like to go see a winner, but when you can get a 75 inch TV for less than a year's cost for season tix, that's going to play a part.

VN Store

Back