Neyland music

The problem with picking a current song is that in 3 years the song will seem old and you start all over. I say something from Captain and Tenile......timeless.

Last edited:
Can we please just stick with The Pride playing "Immigrant Song" 6,000 times per game. God, some of you people just want to trample tradition however you can.

*sarcasm... or is it?

Can we please just stick with The Pride playing "Immigrant Song" 6,000 times per game. God, some of you people just want to trample tradition however you can.

*sarcasm... or is it?

I do think the folder could use a wee bit of a refresh.

I've seen what happens when it goes wrong (Nebraska, Alabama), am not a fan of a non-seamless experience (Virginia Tech), and don't think it is the best use of department money right now as performance licensing fees are involved. That's my personal opinion as someone who has been in stadiums across the country and who has a learned understanding of the psychological effects of music.

How in the world has it gone wrong at Alabama? I hate Alabama, but my God they put on a great show, and the fans get pumped and very loud when the AC/DC "Thunder" comes on and elephants stampeding on screens start.....it's annoying to a non fan, but it CLEARLY is working for them.....

Maybe I am showing my age, but I always thought Budgie's "In for the Kill" would make an awesome sports intro.....maybe recover it and update it with some deeper cords....but the song, the lyrics, and driving guitar would be cool.... Budgie is the best 70's band most people have never heard of. Equal to Zeppelin, and Sabbath for me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Nii9wuidQ[/youtube]

How in the world has it gone wrong at Alabama? I hate Alabama, but my God they put on a great show, and the fans get pumped and very loud when the AC/DC "Thunder" comes on and elephants stampeding on screens start.....it's annoying to a non fan, but it CLEARLY is working for them.....

It's a mood/moment thing. I've spoken to some Bama fan friends who feel that it gets overdone and repetitive. There's no mistaking the fact that music can focus the intensity of a stadium full of fans, but when it is used so often as to become background noise or takes away significant playtime from the student performers then it's being misused. All things in balance, and may those in charge be wise.

A football game should be exciting from start to finish.. The right music at the right times can go a long way.

My vote is Justice - Genesis. Cause we deserve justice for what's happened, and it's a new beginning. The drum line could play it with the piped in stuff.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a mood/moment thing. I've spoken to some Bama fan friends who feel that it gets overdone and repetitive. There's no mistaking the fact that music can focus the intensity of a stadium full of fans, but when it is used so often as to become background noise or takes away significant playtime from the student performers then it's being misused. All things in balance, and may those in charge be wise.

Well I have made the trek down to Bama in recent years, and I haven't noticed that reaction at all, it appears to me the Bama fans love it and are into it. What your saying is not jiving with my first hand experience.

this my sound dumb why not have the actually rocky top play before we come out and before kickoff... opponents hate it already lets drill it into there brain

this my sound dumb why not have the actually rocky top play before we come out and before kickoff... opponents hate it already lets drill it into there brain

Because the official fight song is Down the Field, which is what the band plays when the T opens. And on the road, Rocky Top is what is played when they come out, for that reason.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back