Next years ILB

govols182

Austin Johnson's video wasn't very impressive. Is he really one of the top LB's in the nation? Watch his video on rivals and you will see what I am talking about. It looks like he is getting knocked back by smaller RB's on every play.

I don't see what you are seeing. I see him wrapping up and making about 17 tackles in one game.

off this topic hvwarrior, but what do you know about this situation with Brandon Warren ?

I have no idea right now. There is a whole lot of smoke and we know what that usually means. No real confirmation though. I hate it for Brandon though if true.

If you don't think Johnson video is impressive then I have to question your football knowledge

The video I saw, he did make it to the holes which is impressive, but the RB's were knocking him down. He will get run over in the SEC if he plays like that. I guess I was just saying he wasn't as strong as I thought. He did make the tackles though. Although, tackles are easier to make in high school.

He's just a junior in High School. He'll put on some more muscle before college. Plus, his technique is sound for his age.

He didn't knock heads if that is what you are talking about, but he is one of the most solid tacklers I have seen in a long time.

As I recall that video was just from one game. He's impressive and the only thing not apparent in his video is speed

hes not quite as explosive as donald, but give him a year and he could be. plus he does seem to be a very solid tackler. speeds a little lacking in my opinion.

Speed is lacking but he could be the prototypical MLB or could be used greatly in a 3-4. I'd say he ends up as a DE though.

It says he runs a 4.65 forty on rivals. That's pretty fast for a LB. But it's less than average speed for UT's LB's with Walker, Donald, Rico, Mayo, and McCoy. Extremely quick for a DE..

I am concerning about strength. It looks like he can't fully take the RB down before the RB get some extra yards...

Maybe I worried too much. After spending one more year in the gym, he wiil be better. But I still believe he will be our best LB next year (at least "one of......")

He is listed at 6'3" 235 and running a 4.65. I expect he is a little faster(maybe a 4.6) and he already has an SEC body.

I think one of the reasons he isn't leveling anyone is because he is playing middle linebacker and just roaming horizontally. Chris Donald blitzed literally every play and killed everyone and everything in his path.

VN Store

Back