Next years games

MississippiVol

I know it's early yet, and we don't know for sure yet about our team, or the teams we will be playing, but I thought I would take a stab at this. Believe me, this is all VERY subject to change.

UNLV September 5 Knoxville- Hopefully, our running game can pick up some big yardage, and build up their confidence in this game. If UNLV is primarily a passing team, I look for Coach Chavis to send pressure, pressure, pressure. UT 34 UNLV 10

Florida September 18 Knoxville- I'm not really for sure how to call this game just yet. It seems the past few years the home team hasn't fared very well. We will still be sorting out our QB situation, and Chris Leak should pick up where he left off. Because of that, I will have to pick UF in this one, although our defense will keep us in this one. UF 30 UT 27

La. Tech September 25 Knoxville- Hopefully, this game will allow our backups to see some time. However, it seems we tend to play down to our competition at times. i.e. Duke last year, although we were coming off of a 5 OT win at Bama the last week. UT 42 La. Tech 6

Auburn October 2 Knoxville- Our guys will be out for payback after last year's debacle on the Plains. Auburn lost a good bit from last year's team. More especially on defense. I still look for Auburn to be a physical team again, though. I give the edge to us in this one. Same as last year's score, just reversed UT 28 Auburn 21.

Georgia October 9 Athens- Unfortunately, I don't see us winning this one. Georgia is absolutely loaded, and it is in Athens. However, Georgia could be overlooking us, and it could be their downfall, but for now, Georgia 31 UT 20

Ole Miss October 16 Oxford- Hard to believe in over 100+ years of football this will mark only our 3rd time ever playing in Oxford. I think the real test for the Rebels begins this year as they embark upon a new journey without Eli. I think the Johnny Rebs will keep it close for the 1st half, but after halftime, I think we will wear them down by being the most physical team. UT 35 Ole Miss 24

Alabama October 23 Knoxville- It will be interesting, to say the least, what kind of "Bomb" Gallion will drop the week leading off to this game. Anyway, as usual, I think Bama will play us pretty tough, but like Ole Miss the week before, their lack of depth will show up in the 2nd half. UT 31 Bama 20

South Carolina October 30 Columbia- This one should prove to be a tough game. Ole Lou seems to get pretty close every year. I look for this one to be a low scoring game with both defenses having their way. UT 21 USC 17

Notre Dame Movember 6 Knoxville- I really don't know much about Notre Dame, but I think we handle them in Knoxville. UT 27 Notre Dame 17

Vanderbilt November 20 Nashville- Chalk up 22 in a row. Vandy should be somewhat improved, but the Vols still roll. UT 45 Vandy 10

Kentucky November 27 Knoxville- Same ole story here. The Cats should keep it close for maybe the 1st quarter, but we make it 20 in a row. UT 40 Kentucky 17

Like I said, I figure these will change drastically after the season starts. Of course, this is the best possible scenario. We could end up close to this, but we could end up 7-4. IMO, the Auburn, Ole Miss, Florida, and South Carolina games could be toss-ups.

UNLV September 5 Knoxville- W

Florida September 18 Knoxville- L

La. Tech September 25 Knoxville- W

Auburn October 2 Knoxville- W

Georgia October 9 Athens- L

Ole Miss October 16 Oxford- W

Alabama October 23 Knoxville- W

South Carolina October 30 Columbia- W

Notre Dame Movember 6 Knoxville- W

Vanderbilt November 20 Nashville- W

Kentucky November 27 Knoxville- W

I didn't realize our schedule was so favorable. 7 home games, 8 games in the state of Tennessee and we don't have to go on the road until mid October!?! That's nuts!!!

With a schedule like that, we might go 9-2 even without a QB.

I think we'll beat Florida. We beat Chris Leak last year in the Swamp and it takes more than a QB to win a game. I like our chances in this one, especially if C.J. Leak is QB. Who better to beat Chris than his own brother? Ron Zook would NOT have beaten Coach Fulmer 2 years ago without the help from the monsoon that came through town. The only game I'm marking down as a DEFINITE loss is the Georgia game. The others are too close too call. :good:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 24, 2004 2:35 AM
I think we'll beat Florida. We beat Chris Leak last year in the Swamp and it takes more than a QB to win a game. I like our chances in this one, especially if C.J. Leak is QB. Who better to beat Chris than his own brother? Ron Zook would NOT have beaten Coach Fulmer 2 years ago without the help from the monsoon that came through town. The only game I'm marking down as a DEFINITE loss is the Georgia game. The others are too close too call. :good:

That's very true, LadyinOrange. I agree about Georgia. Just don't see us winning that one either. I tell you one game that I REALLY want is the Ole Miss game. I have lived in Mississippi all my life, and I have never had one thing for Ole Siss. I hope we pound them miserably, and show them that one good year they had is all in the past.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 24, 2004 3:35 AM

I am telling you that we could win that Georgia game depending on how our QB progresses. Especially if no one gives us a chance to win. You heard it here first. :D

I like Tennessee's chances to go 9-2 or possibly better, but 1 game to "LOOK OUT" for is the one noone seems to be worried about. I know La Tech lost their starting qb but remember this is the same team that went into Michigan St and won last year. Its a solid football team. and an untelivised game after Florida is a big chance for a letdown. I pick the vols to win "we have too" UT 34 LaTech 23

The Auburn game scares me. They still have a deadly RB and a solid defense

We are definitely not going to be good enough to overlook ANYONE!

You make a point about us beating UF in the Swamp last year, but we did not beat Chris Leak, at least not for the whole game. He did not play very well in that game, but he also did not play the whole game. They still had the rotation going on. Chris will be improved from the last time we faced him. Hopefully, we'll be able to slow down their running game and make Leak beat us. He can't do it all by himself.

I am not sure that this will happen, though.

I can agree with the 9-2 record, though. Our schedule looks favorable, but I'm afraid USC might finally get us again.

You have to wonder if fate is ever going to smile on Lou Holtz against the Vols. He used to beat us when he coached Notre Dame, but he hasn't had a whole lot of luck with SC. I hope that trend continues. I once got banned from a SC message board and haven't cared for them since.

Not that I ever did.

I'm pretty sure Lou only had 1 win against us at ND in 1990. I can still see Andy Kelly throwing that pick in the end zone with a minute to go. Unless he beat us at Arkansas or Minnesota or NC State, that's his only win against us.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 27, 2004 3:08 PM
You have to wonder if fate is ever going to smile on Lou Holtz against the Vols. He used to beat us when he coached Notre Dame, but he hasn't had a whole lot of luck with SC. I hope that trend continues. I once got banned from a SC message board and haven't cared for them since.

Not that I ever did.

Gonna tell us what you did to get banned? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Spoke the absolute truth. And they didn't wanna hear it.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

The company I work for is based in Columbia. USC fans without a doubt are some of the strangest fans I've ever seen. They are very devoted, but they have no sense of reality.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 28, 2004 8:18 AM
The company I work for is based in Columbia. USC fans without a doubt are some of the strangest fans I've ever seen. They are very devoted, but they have no sense of reality.

Losing can do that to you. They have never won consistently...ever

Originally posted by U-T@May 26, 2004 1:26 PM

You should be worried and so should I.That's our toughest road game we have.I still can't wait to go I hear it's very loud.WAR EAGLE!!!

Originally posted by chattiger+Jun 1, 2004 4:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chattiger @ Jun 1, 2004 4:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@May 26, 2004 1:26 PM

You should be worried and so should I.That&#39;s our toughest road game we have.I still can&#39;t wait to go I hear it&#39;s very loud.WAR EAGLE&#33;&#33;&#33; [/quote]
:bad: :bad: ;)

Should be a great game. Hopefully we can get some payback for that dominating performance you put on us last year.

VN Store

Back