Next Season’s Schedule

Vol49er

I have noticed an annoying anomaly in the 2019 season’s schedule. Four of our opponents will be coming off a bye week before playing us (Georgia, Mississippi State, UAB, Kentucky), and BYU will be coming off a Thursday game so they will also have extra rest. I get that that’s more likely when seasons have two bye weeks, but 4 seems excessive

I have noticed an annoying anomaly in the 2019 season’s schedule. Four of our opponents will be coming off a bye week before playing us (Georgia, Mississippi State, UAB, Kentucky), and BYU will be coming off a Thursday game so they will also have extra rest. I get that that’s more likely when seasons have two bye weeks, but 4 seems excessive

Well Georgia is an automatic loss so your concerns are irrelevant for them. As far as the others, we should be able to beat all 3.

Reactions: Vol49er
Well Georgia is an automatic loss so your concerns are irrelevant for them. As far as the others, we should be able to beat all 3.

I get that but one of our bye weeks is before them and we get them at home. I’d feel decent about a upset if they weren’t also coming off a bye. So now it sorta wastes our bye

Automatic ? So Pruitt should tell Fulmer to just call UGA and tell em we forfeit ? We will definitely be underdogs and a W in that game is pretty unlikely, but it's not automatic we lose either. There's a reason they play the games.

Automatic ? So Pruitt should tell Fulmer to just call UGA and tell em we forfeit ? We will definitely be underdogs and a W in that game is pretty unlikely, but it's not automatic we lose either. There's a reason they play the games.

Absolutely play the game. But there is no real reason to believe that we are even closing the gap on UGA. I mean the past 2 years they have out scored us 79-12. The recruiting classes they have signed combined with their success and our severe deficiencies equates to an automatic loss. If UGA really struggled with us last year then I wouldnt be saying that. I really hope I am wrong.

Absolutely play the game. But there is no real reason to believe that we are even closing the gap on UGA. I mean the past 2 years they have out scored us 79-12. The recruiting classes they have signed combined with their success and our severe deficiencies equates to an automatic loss. If UGA really struggled with us last year then I wouldnt be saying that. I really hope I am wrong.

We don't cotton to no more Spurrierism. I'll never forget how Hamilton canceled the UNC game and prompted Spurrier to correctly state: "Tennessee backing out of the UNC game because they're too good for you? My, my, things sure have changed on Rockytop."

So I'm encouraging, yea, demanding that you drag that Hambone attitude out the backdoor. Stuff it into a 50-gallon barrel. Then pour in 49 gallons of corrosive acid, seal that forker, and dump it in a Florida swamp. It just might reduce the python and leaping carp populations thus do something positive for the country. Ya hear?

Last edited:
there's two byes in the schedule this year. it's weird, but that's why there's so many. i doubt we're the only ones that will experience that. we're coming off a bye against UGA, so that's a wash, and we get a bye before MO.

edit: i think Bama is facing several coming off open dates....LSU, MSU, aTm....

Florida only has 1...UGA. lol....though they get LSU after an open date, then Utah State...so tifwiw....and they play 8 in a row before a their 1st bye.

UGA has 5!!! Tennessee, Florida, MO, USCe, and Auburn.....oof.

Last edited:
This is still the easiest schedule we have had in atleast 10 years. BYU is our best out of conference opponent, and we should win that game. We are also bucking the trend of playing our rotating west opponent right when they are red hot. MSU is trending down so that should be a winnable game also.

I appreciate the confidence. I’ve not learned to have that sort of confidence in my life as a Vol football fan though
You just need some one-on-one time with D4H, he'll have you convinced we'll go undefeated, our punter will win the Heisman, and you'll win the nomination from both parties in the 2020 election.

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back