Next Commit?

Donald-N-McCoy

I am very anxious to see who we get next. We have like 5 guys that are very good and a decent shot at each.
He is my order from best chance to worst chance
Creer,D.Jones,M.Austin, and Paige. I believe just getting one of these players would be icing on the cake.
But, i have a feeling its gonna be Creer & D.Jones cuz they seem to be the recruits we have a great chance with. Paige i believe is UF and Marvin Austin is FSU. However im not saying this is 100%, this is just how i see us finishing this MONSTER CLASS.

Darnius Moore is a possibility. I'd say the most realistic possibilities right now are Moore, Creer, and D. Jones. Paige would be a possibility if UF was to drop him. Austin isn't too likely but could be a signing day shocker. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't land anymore until signing day.

Is Moore and Creer announcing their decision together..
and when are they supposed to announce.. i heard something about a banquet or something they were going to they might announce.

They said they were before but I'm not sure now. I've also heard about the banquet. I'd say it will be very close to signing day if not signing day(within a day or two).

Texas will be no problem but it will be hard to get ahead of UF and even harder to hold them and LSU off.

I think we have a chance at beating Texas. I don't know about Florida though. I think we'd have to land Austin Jones Creer Moore and another high 4* to even have a chance at beating Florida, considering they lose some of their final prospects.

We would have the # 1 class if they expanded the 4 stars by about 50-60 people. We have so many people who are within 2-3 spots of their position of being a 4 star. Florida and LSU have several prospects who barely made the 4 star list. They have a lot of commits who are within 2-3 spots of their position to being a 3 star. I know for sure that we have the deepest class this year. Especially on defense and WR.

so now since were set on secondary, what is the position that we need to fill the most. I still think that we could use at least one more DT or DE. I would love to get Corley or Sykes because DL was the reason why UT lost 4 games. Especially to Penn State.

Our defensive recruiting class has been pretty darn good, ESPECIALLY the secondary. I could see only Hef remaining the lone starter from this past year in the secondary next year. I think Berry will move into a starting position by atleast midseason and if Willingham is as good as advertised he should be starting. I think McKenzie will probably take Morley's safety spot. And we'll have great backups/nickel corners with Fellows and Evans. Good backup at S with Wardlow, plus I think Willingham or Berry could move to either of safety spots if necessary.

I definitely think this is one of the best years in recent history for TN WR recruiting. Granted that everyone qualifies and gets in, wow, we'll be deep. Vinson, O'Neal, G. Jones..I think those 3 will match the Swain Smith and Meach class. That is not counting if we get D. Jones, and not even considering the other WR's that we have like Maples and etc. Imagine what a trio D. Jones Vinson and O'Neal would be!

Our defensive recruiting class has been pretty darn good, ESPECIALLY the secondary. I could see only Hef remaining the lone starter from this past year in the secondary next year. I think Berry will move into a starting position by atleast midseason and if Willingham is as good as advertised he should be starting. I think McKenzie will probably take Morley's safety spot. And we'll have great backups/nickel corners with Fellows and Evans. Good backup at S with Wardlow, plus I think Willingham or Berry could move to either of safety spots if necessary.

I definitely think this is one of the best years in recent history for TN WR recruiting. Granted that everyone qualifies and gets in, wow, we'll be deep. Vinson, O'Neal, G. Jones..I think those 3 will match the Swain Smith and Meach class. That is not counting if we get D. Jones, and not even considering the other WR's that we have like Maples and etc. Imagine what a trio D. Jones Vinson and O'Neal would be!

I want Fellows starting......

I dont know if Fellows will be playing corner or safety. He might not be fast enough anymore to play corner. If he's not then it could be Hefney and Willingham at corner, and Fellows and McKenzie at safety. With all the great backups such as Berry, Evans, Barnes, Kemp, Wardlow, etc.

We don't have a need to fill. We are only recruiting one DT(Austin) and pretty much no DEs since we aren't pushing for Corley. Right now we are looking at cushion.

He is very soft, that is why he got dropped to about #6 on the DB depth chart as a sophomore after starting his FR year.

UT needs DT's immediately. Everything else looks like icing. I think Langley, Brimfield, and Melanchon will definitely get a shot at playing as Freshmen. I personally believe Mapu and Bolden will be very good this year. No depth behind them though.

UT has so many 5.7's as opposed to UF's low 4*'s... I'm not sure UT doesn't in fact have a better class.

The only other question I have is how fast UT finds and settles on the right WR rotation. If O'Neal can catch, he'll be dangerous... and maybe a one year player at UT.

Texas will be no problem but it will be hard to get ahead of UF and even harder to hold them and LSU off.

I heard a Bammer, today at the club where I work out, say that Saban had recently stolen a prior committ fron LSU and Miles was outradged and made some statement that if he caught Nick in Louisania again he would go after him!

HV, have you heard this?

I heard a Bammer, today at the club where I work out, say that Saban had recently stolen a prior committ fron LSU and Miles was outradged and made some statement that if he caught Nick in Louisania again he would go after him!

HV, have you heard this?

I am not HV, sorry to interupt..

But... hummm....are you talking about Luther Davis, or you are talking about Miles' reaction?

But sorry...

I am not HV, sorry to interupt..

But... hummm....are you talking about Luther Davis, or you are talking about Miles' reaction?

But sorry...

I didn't catch the name of the recruit but the Bama fan was laughing at Miles being pissed off.

Actually, it was Davis, but I'm not sure it went down like that. Rumor was that Davis was talking bad about Saban but then he visited Bama. Miles was upset at this and pulled his offer and he switched to Bama. This probably wasn't a good move by Miles since Saban already has good ties to Louisiana and this will only help. It was a lose lose situation for him either way.

As for DTs, we have Bolden, Mapu, Fisher, Nelson/Thomas/Brown and the freshmen. The problem there is that Fisher is coming off of another surgery and the other 3 are too small. At least one of those 3 will have to factor into the DT rotation and Fisher will have to come back healthy. I'd say Langley will be the #5 DT since he will be in for spring. Here is how I think it may look:
Mapu
Bolden
Fisher
Nelson/Thomas(one may end up at DE)
Langley

If both Nelson and Thomas add enough bulk, we may not need any of the freshmen to contribute.

I don't believe Mapu anymore. A person can choose to do whatever he thinks right. But a football player's talent can be totally wasted if he did not touch the football for two years.

Now, I like Bolden. Great prospect as a recuiting target. It is his time to stand out.

Fisher will be a problem. I guess he will miss spring practice. It is not a good sign. We will see...

Yeah, the shape he came in from his mission was crazy. It wasn't peak by any means, but, to be gone for 2 years and be in playing shape is crazy. One offseason with Johnny Long will be huge with Mapu.

VN Store

Back