New To Volnation Forum

Schasz

I am new to this website, in fact I just found it tonight. I was so darn pumped after driving with my family (wife is the UT Alum) to Miami from Tampa and seeing those UT football players lay it all on the field VS the Miami Gangsta's. The Big Orange fans are class all the way. I could not believe the sleazy Miami fans cheering when a UT player was down and hurt on the field. Oh well, we had the last laugh. We had some beer poured on us by the classless Miami fans after the 2nd to last Canes TO.

The last time we saw the Vols was when they polaxed Michigan in the Citrus Bowl in Casey Clausen's Soph year. I could not help but think what a super game that we had just witnessed by a QB who had two years left. Question...what the heck happened in that time. From that game, I actually feel that Casey has regressed, and that is not what I expected. I understand that he was injured a lot last year, and that he lost some good targets to the NFL after last season. Can anyone who is closer to the scene either tell me I am all wet or what you feel happened.

Another thing and I admit that I am not in Knoxville so I am not close to the program...but watching the game Saturday in person makes me wonder, how do the Vols look at the skill positions for next year? What does Phil Fullmer need to recruit to make another national championship run.

Thank God I found this website, as my wife has made me a rabid Vols Fan. We have to get back to Neyland Stadium which is No.1 in my books for a college football atmosphere. Go Vols...let's run the table!!!

Let me be the first to say a BIG ORANGE

WELCOME!

You will like it here.

:rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

First of all Schasz welcome to VolNation :welcome: . We hope to see posts from you often.

As for Casey, he has not really had the talent around him the last couple of years. I saw a post somewhere that compared Mannings first two seasons to Clausens and the stats were pretty comparable. The bottom line is that Casey is not as talented as Manning was but he has not had near the talent at WR the last couple of years. You realize that there is a definite problem when our leading receiver is a newcomer in James Banks. Then you have Mark Jones converted from DB. What does that tell you about last years talent?

We have a lot of good young talent on this team. For the first time in a long time we have several top notch receivers that are actually receivers...not converted from other positions. These include Bret Smith, Jason Swain, Robert Meachem, Chris Hannon, and James Banks (assuming he is not our next QB). In my opinion this team has two big concerns for next year and that is QB and RB. Quarterback is the biggest concern. On the team right now you have Rick Clausen, James Banks, CJ Leak (should he get another year) and Jim Bob Cooter. We really need to sign a blue chip QB. As of right now we are in the hunt for several with our top choice being Brian Brohm. We have also offered scholarships to Chase Patton out of Missouri, Erik Ainge, Antonio Heffner, Xavier Lee, and Brent Schaefer among others. It would be nice to sign a couple of these guys. Next, I don't think that any of our backs are breakaway backs. We have plenty of talent for next year in Houston, Davis, and Riggs but one of these guys needs to step up. On defense I think we have a lot of young talent with the only question being D-Line. I have been especially impressed with Corey Campbell and Jason Allen. That Miami win could do a lot for our recruiting and I expect another top 10 class this year. If we can get a capable QB, I think the future looks bright from my orange colored glasses.

VN Store

Back