NEW SEC TOURNEY INFO

Don't think the weather is gonna cooperate. JUST CANCEL THE DAMN THING!!! I stated in a post the other day my feelings on this subject. What I said appears even more to the point now than then. Just everyone go home.
It’s not getting cancelled. Enough already. Teams want to win it. I guarantee our guys want to win it! It’s been 20 something years since we have. They want to change that. If you are competitive which clearly you aren’t, you would want to win it as well.

Don't think the weather is gonna cooperate. JUST CANCEL THE DAMN THING!!! I stated in a post the other day my feelings on this subject. What I said appears even more to the point now than then. Just everyone go home.
Weather looks good today after 2pm and excellent Fri-Sun. They will get this in even if they play on adjacent fields.

Listening to the SECN-BAMA homers this morning on SEC Now. Talking about biased? Whew! Just take the field Vols and play your game. It will all work out. I do not like to be cynical but, from politics to sports in 2022 and the power of the dollar and internet, hard not to be.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
SECN posted a schedule with Texas A&M/Florida at 10:30 EST and Tennessee/Vandy following that game "if the weather cooperates".

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Everyone complaining are just showing they have never been a part of the planning/execution of a sporting tournament. You're also the ones that complain when meteorologists get it wrong and would be the first to go "Why did they change it??? They could've stuck with original schedule!" Yes, it sucks. But if you've ever done anything but show up to watch, you know schedule changes can't be undone. Once you change it, you cannot change it back. That's the whole point of waiting as long as possible to make that change. If, somehow, the weather cleared yesterday and they already changed it to single, they cannot change it back.

I have been on the planning/execution of numerous events, never did we ever not have a plan b. All outdoor events had an inclement weather plan and it was well known to all on the planning side and by attendees. Communication is to ensuring an event moves forward.

That's not the case here. As fans, we are SEC stakeholders and have a right to voice our complaints.

Reactions: YNWAvols
I have been on the planning/execution of numerous events, never did we ever not have a plan b. All outdoor events had an inclement weather plan and it was well known to all on the planning side and by attendees. Communication is to ensuring an event moves forward.

That's not the case here. As fans, we are SEC stakeholders and have a right to voice our complaints.
Any event that involved competition where the results of said competitions affect someone other than yourself? A big difference in tournaments like this and a company cookout.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
It’s not getting cancelled. Enough already. Teams want to win it. I guarantee our guys want to win it! It’s been 20 something years since we have. They want to change that. If you are competitive which clearly you aren’t, you would want to win it as well.
Have we ever won the tournament outright? Wasn't our last win just an SEC East title?

Everyone complaining are just showing they have never been a part of the planning/execution of a sporting tournament. You're also the ones that complain when meteorologists get it wrong and would be the first to go "Why did they change it??? They could've stuck with original schedule!" Yes, it sucks. But if you've ever done anything but show up to watch, you know schedule changes can't be undone. Once you change it, you cannot change it back. That's the whole point of waiting as long as possible to make that change. If, somehow, the weather cleared yesterday and they already changed it to single, they cannot change it back.
I have 5 kids and have planned many outdoor birthday parties!
Come at me bro!!
😎
GBO!!

I think the third game is going to be tough to get in today without using a second field today. I would guess the first game is going to start around 2:00pm-3:00pm CT.

Reactions: greasemachine
We’re complaining because a contingency plan should’ve been in place and it appears it wasn’t. This has been the forecast for well over a week for all of Alabama so you know the potential for rain, and a lot of it, was high. The meteorologist are wrong a lot of times but they would’ve had to whiff badly on this week for there to not be some modifications to the formatting made; even if they were 25% right it was going to mess this thing up big time. Sankey and the league aren’t looking out for their teams (especially their bread-winners) with their plans now. Having your title favorite potentially play double headers a week before regionals is asinine. Not to mention any other regional teams in the same predicament.

Reactions: YNWAvols
I think the third game is going to be tough to get in today without using a second field today. I would guess the first game is going to start around 2:00pm-3:00pm CT.
As long as there is no more rain, even if they can't start until 3:00, they could start the 3rd one by 10:30 or so. Ridiculously late to start, yes. But doable. Hopefully the 1st game start time is closer to 2:00. Otherwise, we might see some really generous strike zones to keep the games moving in order to get Bama into the NCAA tournament to make sure all the SEC teams get their games in.

they could have started at 945 cst and played at least anhour.... i get why they didnt they dont want to start and stop but no rain since 915 ish here and still relatively clear.. not playing based on radar and forecast from 11-230

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back