New Rules

Headwear and Delay of Game changes are a very bad idea and shows just how ignorant the NCAA really is. Almost as bad as the No Fun League.

Religion has no place in sports--which are played in public venues. First, head-coverings for women are demeaning. Second, those who do wear them don't wear them 24/7. They don't shower in them. Sports is about your team and your school--not you and your "identity" or your faith. That's what home and church are for, if you are into religion. No, I wouldn't outlaw pointing to the sky, of course--it's just silly.

Part of me agrees with you. I like secular boundaries. On the flipside, after just about every interview with a NCAA basketball player, they will say "all the glory to God" or something along those lines.

The LVs, like many other teams, also do prayer circles after games. Since those and many other expressions of faith are not banned, I think it is a hard call to prohibit a woman player from wearing a hijab when she believes such an omission would be committing sin (or making her target for retribution).

Last edited:
Part of me agrees with you. I like secular boundaries. On the flipside, after just about every interview with a NCAA basketball player, they will say "all the glory to God" or something along those lines.

The LVs, like many other teams, also do prayer circles after games. Since those and many other expressions of faith are not banned, I think it is a hard call to prohibit a woman player from wearing a hijab when she believes such an omission would be committing sin (or making her target for retribution).
As long as they will allow a player to wear a Ron Slay ESQUE headband with a cross on it if THEY feel compelled to do so NO PROBLEM. How many signs of the cross at the foul line down through the years? As long as the dress or actions don’t give an advantage play on.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back