New Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread, politics free version.

chargervol

Coke Zero is hard to snort
Masks Don’t Work: A Review of Science Relevant to COVID-19 Social Policy
Clicked on the a link at random...
"There is some evidence to support the wearing of masks or respirators during illness to protect others, and public health emphasis on mask wearing during illness may help to reduce influenza virus transmission. "

Blaylock: Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy
2nd link,
“ None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”1 Keep in mind, no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus."

Nothing about transmission to others.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the experts on this one, not "technocracy.news" ...also consider the source. This website is a hotbed of wild tinfoilery 😂🤣😃 Scientists or flatearther anti-vaxxers?? Hmm
Well, crap. The better part of a lifetime wearing masks while working in dust filled environments, with the full recommendations.
And now, it gets added to the list of things that are gonna kill me.

I've got to already be dead at this rate.. just not aware yet😔

MarcoVol

So he's not a neurosurgeon/researcher? Is that what you are saying because nothing you posted above makes the least bit of sense. Did you miss that the there are more unused ventilators available in this country than they know what to do with them despite the spike in cases? Are you doubting the Ottawa researcher in the link above that one with his charting and analysis?

You've got to do better than this to have a counter point worth considering.

I had a close friend die of melanoma cancer who experienced the effects of hypoxia he discussed. The ventilator extended his life by 3 days. It's a real issue with people with diseases and pre-existing conditions. It's also clear masks contribute to that problem.
He’s a quack. You could really just read the bolded and know immediately he’s a quack.

Blaylock appears regularly on right-wing radio programs such as the “Alex Jones Show,” where the popular topics are climate change fraud and the erosion of civil liberties under President Obama. This exemplary physician has also released a document about what people should do if they are vaccinated by force, a ridiculous notion. To counter the dangerous effect of the vaccine, Blaylock suggests immediately placing a cold pack on the site of injection, taking cold showers, and taking a host of dietary supplements ranging from fish oils and vitamins to astaxanthin and zinc. And talking about supplements, this altruist icon also sells his own line of products, including “Brain Repair Formula.” There is no clinical evidence for its efficacy

And this article isn’t even talking smack about him. But the key point - he’s with the anti-vax movement.

So if this is the person you wish to receive medical advice from, well, good luck:

Dr. Russell Blaylock: Learn the Truth About Vaccinations

Vols4us

He’s a quack. You could really just read the bolded and know immediately he’s a quack.

Blaylock appears regularly on right-wing radio programs such as the “Alex Jones Show,” where the popular topics are climate change fraud and the erosion of civil liberties under President Obama. This exemplary physician has also released a document about what people should do if they are vaccinated by force, a ridiculous notion. To counter the dangerous effect of the vaccine, Blaylock suggests immediately placing a cold pack on the site of injection, taking cold showers, and taking a host of dietary supplements ranging from fish oils and vitamins to astaxanthin and zinc. And talking about supplements, this altruist icon also sells his own line of products, including “Brain Repair Formula.” There is no clinical evidence for its efficacy

And this article isn’t even talking smack about him. But the key point - he’s with the anti-vax movement.

So if this is the person you wish to receive medical advice from, well, good luck:

Dr. Russell Blaylock: Learn the Truth About Vaccinations
You realize to attend UTK this fall you will be REQUIRED to have a flu vaccination and a COVID vaccination if/as available. Gates has been proposing mandatory vaccinations for all Americans for years now. The same Gates that Cuomo wants to help him reimagine NY's education system? So not so ridiculous.

Nothing in your response proves Blaylock is a quack. Do better.

bignewt

VN's Resident Windbag
Lab Rat
When football gets cancelled because of a second wave of covid, this thread is going to be exhibit A. Wear a mask, don't be dumb.
Death by a thousand cuts. Drag it out longer and longer, wear masks, stop the economy. When we could have already been over this, let's make it last 8 months until an inevitable second wave. Lunacy.

MarcoVol

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
i think some folks are just putting a little too much thought in to this......lol.

there's a happy medium between total disregard for preventative measures and holding up a copy of the Bill of Rights at the mere suggestion of them and everyone digging a hole and climbing in and shutting everything down for the next 6 months.

Devo182

Sophia Cunningham's daddy
i think some folks are just putting a little too much thought in to this......lol.

there's a happy medium between total disregard for preventative measures and holding up a copy of the Bill of Rights at the mere suggestion of them and everyone digging a hole and climbing in and shutting everything down for the next 6 months.
Pragmatic, reasonable middle ground?

giphy (5).gif

Tennessee Golfer

I get my corn from a jar
It’s a veiled political party. And I can’t believe our football team is going to fund a political party this season. I’ll never get behind it’s dangerous doctrine.
I’m pretty sure Tee Martin came out and said they aren’t donating directly to BLM but to local organizations to ensure the money stays in the community. People need to stop using BLM as a catch all term. It’s applied to a huge spectrum.

Devo182

Sophia Cunningham's daddy
I’m pretty sure Tee Martin came out and said they aren’t donating directly to BLM but to local organizations to ensure the money stays in the community. People need to stop using BLM as a catch all term. It’s applied to a huge spectrum.
Right.

BLM is a term/concept, but also a movement. And yes, there is a formal national organization. Rarely are people talking the organization, unless specified. You can give to "BLM" without giving to that specific national organization. Like you said, UT is looking at local BLM type charities. Something or some entity that fights against systemic, broadranging issues.

Theshag

Death by a thousand cuts. Drag it out longer and longer, wear masks, stop the economy. When we could have already been over this, let's make it last 8 months until an inevitable second wave. Lunacy.
The EU is reopening. We could have beaten this thing if people had acted responsibly during the first wave.

VN Store

Sponsors