New Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread, politics free version.

GojiraVol17

Humble member of the Orange Legion🍊💀
I haven’t had it in years. Local family where I live started and owned it. The Stokers were bought out for a large sum by big tobacco. Juiciest most flavorful chew I ever tried. Is it still as good as it was before they were bought out?
Last bag I bought (since I don’t chew every single day) lasted me a good two months & stayed fresh and juicy until the last week. Pretty sure I hadn’t sealed it up properly, too. I normally chew when I’m fishing, hunting, but occasionally at work. Passes time and definitely has great flavor.

tnhunter 10

I dipped since I was 13 and I quit two years ago. But, I started dipping smokey mountain herbal snuff. Its non nicotine and non tobacco, it helps when i need get that urge. When I dipped Copenhagen I was dipping a can and half a day. With this new snuff, a can lasts me 3 days.

Rishvol

Sevier County with all of its tourism is holding the COVID line at about 6.5-7% positives to total tests. Still only 3 deaths and all had pre-existing conditions. About 9-10% of the county residents have been tested.
They should definitely shut it down since our country likes freaking out/pandering to 5% or less

Vols4us

They should definitely shut it down since our country likes freaking out/pandering to 5% or less
As I posted previously, a trustworthy employee of the local hospital told me the recent spike is 70% from the hispanic community (documented and undocumented people). We did have one church member come down with it a week ago, however, she has many pre-existing conditions including having an active case of the shingles. Fortunately she has not been out of the house in awhile, one of her foster kids must have given it to her.

Being a science person, you may be interested in the link below. Recent research and conclusions from a professional in Ottawa. It is on a level above the average layman's general comprehension. I am biased, so there's that. However, I found it to be spot on from my viewpoint. You can get to a PDF version near the end of the article that has access to charts. He provides his supporting endnotes.

Masks Don’t Work: A Review of Science Relevant to COVID-19 Social Policy

Vols4us

Another one from a reputable neurosurgeon/researcher. An interesting side topic is his comments is that frequent intubation and ventilator usage on seriously ill patients may have contributed strongly to the high death rates early in the cycle. That probably explains why the demands from governors for ventilators quieted down relatively early during the process.

Blaylock: Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

Devo182

Sophia Cunningham's daddy
Another one from a reputable neurosurgeon/researcher. An interesting side topic is his comments is that frequent intubation and ventilator usage on seriously ill patients may have contributed strongly to the high death rates early in the cycle. That probably explains why the demands from governors for ventilators quieted down relatively early during the process.

Clicked on the a link at random...
"There is some evidence to support the wearing of masks or respirators during illness to protect others, and public health emphasis on mask wearing during illness may help to reduce influenza virus transmission. "

2nd link,
“ None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”1 Keep in mind, no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus."

Nothing about transmission to others.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the experts on this one, not "technocracy.news" ...also consider the source. This website is a hotbed of wild tinfoilery 😂🤣😃 Scientists or flatearther anti-vaxxers?? Hmm

Vols4us

"There is some evidence to support the wearing of masks or respirators during illness to protect others, and public health emphasis on mask wearing during illness may help to reduce influenza virus transmission. "

2nd link,
“ None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”1 Keep in mind, no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus."

Yeah, I think I'll go with the experts on this one, not "technocracy.news" ...also consider the source. This website is a hotbed of wild tinfoilery 😂🤣😃 Scientists or flatearther anti-vaxxers?? Hmm
So he's not a neurosurgeon/researcher? Is that what you are saying because nothing you posted above makes the least bit of sense. Did you miss that the there are more unused ventilators available in this country than they know what to do with them despite the spike in cases? Are you doubting the Ottawa researcher in the link above that one with his charting and analysis?

You've got to do better than this to have a counter point worth considering.

I had a close friend die of melanoma cancer who experienced the effects of hypoxia he discussed. The ventilator extended his life by 3 days. It's a real issue with people with diseases and pre-existing conditions. It's also clear masks contribute to that problem.

Last edited:

Vols4us

So he's not a neurosurgeon/researcher? Is that what you are saying because nothing you posted above makes the least bit of sense. Did you miss that the there are more unused ventilators available in this country than they know what to do with them despite the spike in cases? Are you doubting the Ottawa researcher in the link above that one with his charting and analysis?

T Dog

VN's RF Resident Guard Dog

I had a close friend die of melanoma cancer who experienced the effects of hypoxia he discussed. The ventilator extended his life by 3 days. It's a real issue with people with diseases and pre-existing conditions. It's also clear masks contribute to that problem.
aa711f4e726721d89b7bbfc96d9a14d1--boys-who-eric-stoltz.jpg

drvenner

BVS Survivor
Sevier County with all of its tourism is holding the COVID line at about 6.5-7% positives to total tests. Still only 3 deaths and all had pre-existing conditions. About 9-10% of the county residents have been tested.
Not thrilled with the growth, but not in favor of shutting down, either. I have not been tested, hope I don't have to be. Hopefully the death rate stays right where it is.

Rishvol

2nd link,

I got curious about how many Surgeons wore masks and why. No surprise most wore masks. What was surprising was a quarter of the surgeons only wore masks because of tradition. Looking further, most article end with the conclusion that there is no evidence that masks help and that further research needs to be done. These articles range from 2010-2019

MarcoVol

I got curious about how many Surgeons wore masks and why. No surprise most wore masks. What was surprising was a quarter of the surgeons only wore masks because of tradition. Looking further, most article end with the conclusion that there is no evidence that masks help and that further research needs to be done. These articles range from 2010-2019
I’ve never seen a surgeon not wear a mask. Not one, ever. I’ve not seen every surgeon ever but I’ve never even heard of a surgeon not wearing a mask. And I’ve been in a lot of ORs.

Rishvol

I’ve never seen a surgeon not wear a mask. Not one, ever. I’ve not seen every surgeon ever but I’ve never even heard of a surgeon not wearing a mask. And I’ve been in a lot of ORs.
Yes, one survey said 96% wore masks. But a quarter of them said they wear it for tradition. There's also another study that says surgeons should switch masks especially after 2 hours of use (if possible) to lower the amount of harmful bacteria that is breathed in

MarcoVol

No evidence that using a face mask helps coronavirus enter the brain, contrary to claim by Russell Blaylock

VN Store

Sponsors