New Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread, politics free version.

Vols4us

Yep. Some of us have been saying it from the beginning. Others want to believe the people that have ulterior motives for keeping the mess going. Same with Hydroxchloroquine usage. The countries that use it as a prophylactic and for early treatment have the least deaths per million by far. Example: India has 1.4 B approx in population and only 38 K in deaths. What nation is one of the larger producers and users of the med? Yep. So here, we get "research" and "trial studies" that use it on patients who are older, with pre-existing conditions, and late in the treatment of the disease while using excessive doses and no zinc. Nah, nothing to see here.

SSVol

Opinionated Old Guy
Yep. Some of us have been saying it from the beginning. Others want to believe the people that have ulterior motives for keeping the mess going. Same with Hydroxchloroquine usage. The countries that use it as a prophylactic and for early treatment have the least deaths per million by far. Example: India has 1.4 B approx in population and only 38 K in deaths. What nation is one of the larger producers and users of the med? Yep. So here, we get "research" and "trial studies" that use it on patients who are older, with pre-existing conditions, and late in the treatment of the disease while using excessive doses and no zinc. Nah, nothing to see here.
India's case mortality rate is about double Tennessee's. What are we doing right? It certainly isn't HCQ.

Redleg68

Looking to plant some nice flowering native trees(East TN) in my backyard, any suggestions?
Looking to plant some nice flowering native trees(East TN) in my backyard, any suggestions?
Dogwoods and Redbuds for spring colors, crepe myrtles for summer colors and sugar maples for fall colors

jackcrevol

Well Known Member
Sugar Maple's are messy and lose their leaves all at once. Actually, so are Red Bud's.

You prob have Red Buds growing already.

Pin Oak's, Red Oak, Poplar Trees, Locust, Black Gum, maybe a Silver Maple away from the house.

Non natives, Magnolia Little Gem, staggered with Leyland. Red Tip Photonia.

If I had the acreage id do Row of Apple trees.

engineerVOL

#WeWantToPlay
Redbuds. Tolerate shade. But they bloom prior to deciduous trees leafing out so they won’t be in shade unless next to structures We have two of the plum trees mentioned above. They are beautiful, pretty hardy. But my other trees are bullying them with their shade and they are slowly fading.

engineerVOL

#WeWantToPlay
Sugar Maple's are messy and lose their leaves all at once. Actually, so are Red Bud's.

Pin Oak's, Red Oak, Poplar Trees, Locust, Black Gum, maybe a Silver Maple away from the house.

Tulip Poplar puts out beautiful blooms. State tree. Yuge tho!

bignewt

VN's Resident Windbag
Lab Rat

I like the idea of dogwoods it's on an incline so I need good roots and will have to tie them down I reckon until they get mature.i have huge mature oaks and maples around but I think they would get decent sun.

IMG_20200801_124223.jpg
IMG_20200801_124233.jpg

jackcrevol

Well Known Member
I like the idea of dogwoods it's on an incline so I need good roots and will have to tie them down I reckon until they get mature.i have huge mature oaks and maples around but I think they would get decent sun.

View attachment 297059
View attachment 297060
I planted Kousa's for the longer blooms. Our dogwood is a secondary, needs acid, good drainage. Should be good.

Looks like a place for hosta, ferns. A good caning plant is Japanese Laurel, or, Aucuba.

Ive started several hedges. Tolerates 0 sunlight. Seen it grown in Dollywood back in the completely over grown areas.

SweetasSoda

Captain of the Cheerleaders

Some things are worth the mess. Like dogs and Sugar Maples.

VN Store

Sponsors