New Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread, politics free version.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Seriously guys, I'm looking to make the place more lighthearted, not add more hostility. And this thread wasn't meant to be an argument about it. I'm going to clean up the discussion here and if anyone else has an issue, feel free to email me and I'll be happy to consider all opinions.

HoleInTheRoof

Mr. Congeniality
Any Jeep Wrangler owners?

I have an older 4Runner now but have a hankering to buy either a Sahara or Rubicon Wrangler. Notice they come with a 3.6L 6 cylinder as well as a 4 cylinder Turbo.

Any thoughts as to which is the better engine to get?

I know the old Cherokees used to have an inline 6 that was bullet proof, then they switched to a 3.6L 6 cylinder that wasn't as good. Not sure if its the same engine as these new Wranglers.

Vols4us

Sun came up today here in East TN. Great place to live. Yet, somebody will have a terrible day or night even here today. Knowing that, should I grieve or be angry with the world about it - or - should I still just enjoy the life given to me? How about I share the grief with the afflicted while still celebrating a good life that has been granted me - all at the same time? Yeah, I think that later one is what I am going to do today.

Thanks for the forum, Freak.

reVOLution33

Any Jeep Wrangler owners?

I have an older 4Runner now but have a hankering to buy either a Sahara or Rubicon Wrangler. Notice they come with a 3.6L 6 cylinder as well as a 4 cylinder Turbo.

Any thoughts as to which is the better engine to get?

I know the old Cherokees used to have an inline 6 that was bullet proof, then they switched to a 3.6L 6 cylinder that wasn't as good. Not sure if its the same engine as these new Wranglers.
Me... mine is a 3.6 6 cylinder. They didn't have the 4 cylinder available in my year. I have heard nothing bad about either motor. I would probably go with the 4 cylinder unless you are a wrangler enthusiast. Better fuel mileage and I believe better low end torque.

The 3.8 6 cylinder came in wranglers from 2007-2011.
The 3.6 6 cylinder came in wranglers from 2012-2018.

In 2019 they came out with a refreshed 3.6. It's supposed to be a bit better on fuel I believe but it's basically the same.
Also in 2019 they came out with the 2.0 4 cylinder turbo.
20190409_160049.jpg

VN Store

Sponsors