New QB Commit- Tayven Jackson

Games are a competition. Huepel seems to like players to win competition on the team as the way to win competition in games. All coaches think and say that, but Huepel seems to really do it.
It will be interesting to see if this idea holds true. I might be observing the same thing yet saying it differently. I see the practice tempo is way up tempo. I know Cutcliffe used to do this and well his offenses did well. In life preparation makes a difference.

Yes practice matters, but it only matters if how you are practicing is helpful. I think that is a failure of many coaches. They also get too focused on doing it exactly their way, like every nuance, instead of the concept and then improving over time. I will be watching this coaching staff just like the last ones to see if we have signs of a winner. If we get those signs and some wins then we are onto something. Signs without the proof doesn't mean anything. Proof (again wins) without the signs don't mean either, because how do you know the person isn't getting lucky? See both signs and proof again we are onto something.

Reactions: Vol Main
I still think Heupel can really help Milton's game. Not saying he will be the starter or anything. Just think he will improve a lot under his coaching.

Huepel recruited Milton as a QB out of HS, and I think Huepel still wants to coach him as a QB. That's prolly why Milton came here. But a lot of HS QBs end up playing other positions in college. I would not be surprised if Milton develops into a dynamic QB for Huepel, but who knows? I would not be surprised if he didn't.

I made a comment about his hair last night. I said it's kinda goofy but somehow it's not. I'm no expert, but his expression is serious, intense and relaxed all at the same time. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

You have that relaxed & confident & "I get goofy sometimes" look going all at the same time.

I still think Heupel can really help Milton's game. Not saying he will be the starter or anything. Just think he will improve a lot under his coaching.

A good writeup in Basilio today giving some stats showing that Milton's freshman year stats are better than Dobbs.

Milton supposedly has a stronger arm than Dobbs and Tyler Bray and runs as well as or better than Dobbs.

Sounds like the starter on paper.

A good writeup in Basilio today giving some stats showing that Milton's freshman year stats are better than Dobbs.

Milton supposedly has a stronger arm than Dobbs and Tyler Bray and runs as well as or better than Dobbs.

Sounds like the starter on paper.

Milton “attempted” 4 passes as a freshman........”if” Basilio was making this comparison..........he was reaching BIG time.

Reactions: sona
So if we get enough QBs, they can play other positions...

I and others have said this before: Back in the 60's Coach Dickey went after QBs and said they could play most positions because they had to know where everyone was on the field and that in many cases they were the best athlete on their high school team.

Watching this kid’s video, he is better than Ty Simpson. Almost reminds me of the Iceman.

Not sure of that but I do know that Jackson plays in a much better HS program against much stronger competition and has had much more success than Simpson.

We will automatically become much better when he signs. Great place to start and could be a great recruiter for us as well.

VN Store

Back