New Polls

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Vols are 8th in the coaches poll. Ohio St. only drops to 7 after losing to Michigan. :censored: :finger: :finger: :furious3: :banghead:

USA Today

I'm none too happy about Michigan jumping Georgia, either (OSU was VERY over-rated)...hey I just noticed...the SEC has got the power in the top 10...WOW...that's really something considering how late in the season it is.

No doubt the SEC is the top conference this year with LSU, Georgia, UT and the Gators ranked as high as they are. Let's see the Big 10 match that.

Freak,
I hear that Tennessee is screwed unless both Florida and Georgia lose on Saturday.

If Georgia loses and both UT and Florida wins, Florida goes to SEC champ game.

This doesn't make sense.

Tennessee loses to Georgia, a top ten team earlier this year and drops 8 spots, OSU loses to Michigan and drops 3.

Florida and Georgia dont both have to lose, if georgia loses then Tennessee wil almost definitely be in the SEC CG. in fact if georgia loses it would solidify Tennessee's position there if florida wins because they would most certainly move ahead of georgia in the bcs then the tiebreaker is between UT and UF and guess who won that one head to head?

-Philip

Originally posted by Volunteer@Nov 24 2003, 08:54 AM
Freak,
I hear that Tennessee is screwed unless both Florida and Georgia lose on Saturday.

If Georgia loses and both UT and Florida wins, Florida goes to SEC champ game.

This doesn't make sense.

Tennessee loses to Georgia, a top ten team earlier this year and drops 8 spots, OSU loses to Michigan and drops 3.

Never fear Volunteer, no way the Gators jump us. :cool:

Here is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

All we need is a georgia loss. Even if Florida jumps us in the BCS we still go due to the breakdown of the tiebreaker system. The winner head-to-head is before the BCS in the tie breaker checklist. Even at that they would have to more than 5 spots ahead of us at the end for it to matter anyway.

Originally posted by ncvol@Nov 25 2003, 10:17 AM
Here is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

All we need is a georgia loss. Even if Florida jumps us in the BCS we still go due to the breakdown of the tiebreaker system. The winner head-to-head is before the BCS in the tie breaker checklist. Even at that they would have to more than 5 spots ahead of us at the end for it to matter anyway.

You got it. :good:

VN Store

Back