New polls are out for this week...

How is UGA still in the top 10? they had to come from behind at home to beat a winless Colorado team by one

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Alabama is unranked in both polls . . . and RUTGERS is. :post-4-1090547912: :eek:lol:

How is UGA still in the top 10? they had to come from behind at home to beat a winless Colorado team by one
Because everyone knows that Tennessee is the only team that drops 2 spots in the polls for defeating an inferior opponent by 1 at home.

I'm wondering why ND is still above the Vols. I'd put UT a spot ahead of the Domers right now.:wacko:

Because everyone knows that Tennessee is the only team that drops in teh polls for defeating an inferior opponent by 1 at home. :wacko:

It's definitely hard to explain how we drop for barely beating Air Force and UGA doesn't drop for barely beating a winless team that got beat by Montana State. :wacko:

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Alabama is unranked in both polls . . . and RUTGERS is. :post-4-1090547912: :eek:lol:
Some one picked Rutgers to be the surprise team this year back before week one. Oh yeah, that was me.

It's definitely hard to explain how we drop for barely beating Air Force and UGA doesn't drop for barely beating a winless team that got beat by Montana State. :wacko:

I will stick to my theory which is this: pollsters are still very bitter about ranking UT so highly last year, only to have them lay a 5-6 egg of a season. The same thing happened to Auburn in their undefeated season.

I don't think it is right, but it is how the cookie crumbles. No matter how talented this team may or may not be, there is a prevailing notion among the national media that UT simply does not have the talent they used to have.

not surprised we didn't move up any...it's tight at the top & nobody lost. If I'm not mistaken, I think Boston College (#20 before yesterday) was the ONLY top 20 team to lose. We're not likely to go anywhere fast in the polls until we beat UGA & the way they're playing, even beating them in Athens might not earn us a lot of clout with the voters. BUT, it's early...

Missouri, Rutgers and Boise State ranked....no Bama :) I'd say 15th in the AP is about right for us as of now. We're definatley not a top ten team but better than 20th or worse.

VN Store

Back