New Photos Of Erik Ainge?

You weren't being serious were you Dan4Vols? That statement was ridiculous to say the least. I'll take Ainge over Clausen any day of the week. Yes, Rick did know the offense better last year, and that should be expected. Ainge,and Schaeffer for that matter, will be MUCH better this year than than they were last year. Lets not forget that Ainge was a freshman and what that means. He got here in July and was suddenly thrown into the mix of a fierce QB competition. He was never able to get comfortable with his surrounding and his new enviroment. He only had a couple on months to really learn the playbook as much as possible. He has now had time to get comfortable with his new enviroment, bulid relationships with his teammates ,gain much more knowledge with the playbook, gain weight and strength, and just develop his overall skills as a QB. He was every bit as good as Peyton was as a freshman. He remained as calm as you could expect a freshman to remain when under pressure. He did a great job in avoiding pressure. He had tremendous pocket awareness for a freshman. This kid is he real deal. He struggled at times with decision making and accuracy, but that is to be expected with a freshman starting at OB in the SEC. I have no doubt this kid will be a player and the starter for us this year. Clausen did a wondeful job feeling in, but Ainge will be much improved and will give us the best chance to take that next step. There is a reason Clausen fell behind two Freshman that had never played a down of college football. I'm a Clausen fan and I think he is certainly a very capable backup. But hey, if he beats Ainge out, then more power to him and I'm behind him 100%. I just want the player that gives us the best chance to win a SECC and NC to play.

VN Store

Back