New Orleans..........

la.lovesorange

Go Vols!!!!!!!
If you come to New Orleans, you better say it right. It's pronounced "Nawlenz." No one from here says "New Orleens" unless they are writing a song or they want their ass kicked.

It's hot. It's humid. It rains. Those are the only three weather patterns we have here.

No one eats healthy. Fried Batter is actually a menu item in some restaurants.

Giving directions to a nonlocal in New Orleans is a waste of time. Every street intersects with each other. No two streets run parallel to each other. The West Bank is actually east of the city. It would take too long to explain.

One out of three street names is impossible to pronounce unless you were born in New Orleans, or you are a Cajun.

If the levee breaks, everyone here will die. And no one seems worried about this problem either.

There are 365 days in the year. There are 414 parties/festivals in New Orleans. (And that's just in a slow month.)

LOUISIANA DRIVING RULES

1. A right lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people can cut in line by passing you on the right as you sit in the left lane waiting for the same drivers to squeeze their way back in before hitting the orange construction barrels.

2. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real Louisiana driver never uses them. The use of them in New Orleans may be illegal.

3. Crossing two or more lanes in a single lane-change is considered "going with the flow."

4. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork. (Reason: No insurance)

:D :D :D

You just gotta love N.O.

My best friend lives on the "BEST BANK" (AKA west bank).

Hot and humid does not really describe the weather there.

But through it all they have daquiris and hurricanes and monsoons.

:peace2: :peace2:

Originally posted by patrick@May 28, 2004 7:19 AM
:D :D :D

You just gotta love N.O.

My best friend lives on the "BEST BANK" (AKA west bank).

Hot and humid does not really describe the weather there.

But through it all they have daquiris and hurricanes and monsoons.

:peace2: :peace2:

:lol:

Over here on the northshore we call it the Worst Bank........ :ph34r: :p

Yea, a daquiri is always a good thing! :cool:

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@May 29, 2004 9:27 AM
Never been but need to make it someday! B)

Same here and I know i'm gonna get smacked by everyone here but man I wish Spurrier was still coaching the Gators. It aint the same w/o ol' visor boy. Nothing like getting a win over Spurrier to make a Vol fans year. I hope he gets bqack into coaching in the SEC.

Yeah, I miss him. But, don't think he'll ever be back(I hope I"m wrong)...too many golf course around for that. :lol:

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@May 29, 2004 9:38 AM
Yeah, I miss him. But, don't think he'll ever be back(I hope I"m wrong)...too many golf course around for that. :lol:

He'll be back. Coaching's in the blood man. He'll miss those Saturdays on the gridiron soon enough. If you've been involved in football your whole life you gotta be around it in some form or fashion. I don't think he'll be back at Florida though. I think Zook is a better overall coach than Steve was. More well rounded. Steve was one demensional. I'd say he'll go somewhere in the SEC thats willing to shell out some big duckies. I don't ever see him coaching outside the Southeast. He's too much of a golfer for that. :lol:

Love Nawlins. Went there last summer for a friend's bachelor party. Would love to go back again soon. Tropical Isle is calling my name. :D

Originally posted by orangetd88@May 29, 2004 9:59 AM
Love Nawlins. Went there last summer for a friend's bachelor party. Would love to go back again soon. Tropical Isle is calling my name. :D

I love history and New Orleans has 38,000 historic buildings. Thats right 38,000!

Originally posted by Big Orange Titan@May 29, 2004 9:50 AM
I think Zook is a better overall coach than Steve was.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Say WHAT???

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@May 29, 2004 9:27 AM
Never been but need to make it someday! B)

NC, WHERE have you BEEN?????

I thought you had up and left us. Freak, la.lovesorange, and I were fixin' to come lookin' for ya!

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+May 29, 2004 10:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange &#064; May 29, 2004 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Big Orange Titan@May 29, 2004 9:50 AM
I think Zook is a better overall coach than Steve was.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Say WHAT??? [/quote]
Did I st&#39; st&#39; st&#39; stutter or somethin&#39; ;) :D Steve was primarily a passing coach while Zook tends to mix it up more and make it harder for opposing coaches to figure out his style. You pretty much know What Steve is gonna do. Pass Pass Pass. Zook may not be winning as many games as Spurrier but give him time. He will.

Originally posted by Big Orange Titan@May 29, 2004 10:37 AM
Zook amy not be winning as many games as Spurrier but give him time. He will.

A pox upon both your houses&#33;&#33;

Just kidding. As long as he doesn&#39;t beat ol&#39; CPF as regularly as Coach Superior did, I don&#39;t really care. I just think if he loses to us this year, his job may be in jeopardy. Florida fans hate losing to us as badly as we hate losing to them.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+May 29, 2004 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ May 29, 2004 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Big Orange Titan@May 29, 2004 10:37 AM
Zook amy not be winning as many games as Spurrier but give him time. He will.

A pox upon both your houses&#33;&#33;

Just kidding. As long as he doesn&#39;t beat ol&#39; CPF as regularly as Coach Superior did, I don&#39;t really care. I just think if he loses to us this year, his job may be in jeopardy. Florida fans hate losing to us as badly as we hate losing to them. [/quote]
Hey it aint like I want the guy to win. :lol: But he&#39;s harder to figure out that Spurrier was. I think part of the reason ol&#39; CPF lost to Spurrier was the "in your head factor" thats pretty hard to overcome we were staring too when Steve left for the NFL.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+May 29, 2004 11:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ May 29, 2004 11:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NCGatorBait@May 29, 2004 9:27 AM
Never been but need to make it someday&#33; B)

I thought you had up and left us. Freak, la.lovesorange, and I were fixin&#39; to come lookin&#39; for ya&#33; [/quote]
The Legend is always aroung baby..hope all is well&#33; ;) :p B) :cool:

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 29, 2004 10:15 PM
Good to see ya postin NC. I hope all is well.

It is bro...both kids in T-ball and working all the time&#33; Hope all is well with you&#33; B)

Originally posted by NCGatorBait+May 29, 2004 12:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NCGatorBait @ May 29, 2004 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 29, 2004 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NCGatorBait
@May 29, 2004 9:27 AM
Never been but need to make it someday&#33; B)

I thought you had up and left us. Freak, la.lovesorange, and I were fixin&#39; to come lookin&#39; for ya&#33;

The Legend is always aroung baby..hope all is well&#33; ;) :p B) :cool: [/quote]
B)

VN Store

Back