New OC should be announced before early signing period right?

Just curious because I've read on some sites that some coaches aren't that concerned with early signing period.
Doesn't really matter that much, except the pure torture to VN to have to wait longer. People like Morris, etc, are all solidly on board and going to sign. The ones who aren't signing early have been like that for awhile, and I'd imagine there's not going to be any 11th hour flips that go immediately to early signing. If there are, it's because of Pruitt and team in home visits and campus visits over past week or so. I'm sure Pruitt has a better way of explaining the OC process to a recruit than the gnashing of teeth among Vol faithful.

Relax, Fulmer and Pruitt have this under control, you will be glad they took a little longer to get it right.
Of course a select few fans know better than they do, and they will let that be known when the announcement comes.

Reactions: orangemadam
We'll have a new OC by Monday imo. Pruitt is taking his time and being thorough. I rather have things drag out for the the right hire instead of a quick knee jerk hire that ends in disaster.

The last time we saw a quick panic hire we got Dooley.

Kiffin was a panic hire imo

We'll have a new OC by Monday imo. Pruitt is taking his time and being thorough. I rather have things drag out for the the right hire instead of a quick knee jerk hire that ends in disaster.

The last time we saw a quick panic hire we got Dooley.
um no we got Pruitt

Reactions: SobeVol
I would worry more about CJP getting PO'd about his candidates being vetoed, if the rumors are true. Picking the right OC is more important than a single recruit, right? I hope that it was Jeremy's decision to move on from Freeze.

i think it would be difficult for a quality player to sign with us in the early period without having an OC.

I really don't like starting new threads around here because you usually get roasted for it but I was just curious.

don't worry about it...just part of the process...be resilient, enjoy. and damn the torpedoes...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Just seems like it needs to be way before the early signing period. Of course, like some have already said this is TN and who knows what will happen.
Most of the kids that are supposed to sign during the early signing period have already been contacted by the staff. I am sure they have more information that any most on this site, so their decision has already been made. There are some of our very high level targets that aren't even going to sign during the early period anyway.

I’m glad they are taking their time. Don’t get me wrong I still check Twitter, BR, and here for new news every 15 seconds. But we want the right guy. We already have the chiefs. We need more indians. I personally believe freeze would have wanted to be a chief. I think Briles would be a splash hire IF we can pull him away from Houston

VN Store

Back