New OC should be announced before early signing period right?

orange_glory

The Tennessee shade of Orange
Just curious because I've read on some sites that some coaches aren't that concerned with early signing period.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Just seems like it needs to be way before the early signing period. Of course, like some have already said this is TN and who knows what will happen.

Of course, our coaches have been flying all over the country since the contact period started back up again, and even without any changes to our staff it's been vital to be able to show players how they'll specifically be used. I suspect the only sites with fans who think it's no big deal are those still needing a coach or coordinator, and they're just acting like it doesn't matter... nobody likes uncertainty. You only have to read a few player interviews after their visits to realize players and parents alike want to know exactly what's in store for their kid's future... even moreso these days, with so many new options to consider, like new transfer rules, etc..

We'll have a new OC by Monday imo. Pruitt is taking his time and being thorough. I rather have things drag out for the the right hire instead of a quick knee jerk hire that ends in disaster.

The last time we saw a quick panic hire we got Dooley.

We'll have a new OC by Monday imo. Pruitt is taking his time and being thorough. I rather have things drag out for the the right hire instead of a quick knee jerk hire that ends in disaster.

The last time we saw a quick panic hire we got Dooley.

I think knee-jerk came and went over a week ago.

Reactions: IN Jed
It's not looking that way. Why is every coaching search a Fustercluck around here?

Why are you thinking that? No one has turned us down publicly. Just because they aren't moving fast enough for the fans doesn't mean it is not under control.

I had confidence that Pruitt will get the guy he wants. May not be the guy the fans want, but it will be the guy JP wants. If the fans could select the coaches, we would have been stuck with Gruden (see how successful he's turned out), Tee Martin, Kiffin again, Chip Kelly, and even Petrino.

Why are you thinking that? No one has turned us down publicly. Just because they aren't moving fast enough for the fans doesn't mean it is not under control.

I had confidence that Pruitt will get the guy he wants. May not be the guy the fans want, but it will be the guy JP wants. If the fans could select the coaches, we would have been stuck with Gruden (see how successful he's turned out), Tee Martin, Kiffin again, Chip Kelly, and even Petrino.

Pruitt likely isn't the issue. We've botched hire after hire and made coaches that are world beaters elsewhere look terrible. Maybe this one will be different. But the longer this drags on the less likely that seems. If we don't hire a quality OC before the early signing period it will be a failure and the clock is ticking.

VN Store

Back