Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

While the $20 is good, I'm finding this a bit...underwelming. So we're paying $20 to play some NES games and to be able to play Switch games online?

I'm speaking to myself because I contribute to it, but I find it fascinating that Nintendo can get people excited to keep paying to play the same games over and over. I mean people are hyped that they can play 30 year old games on their latest system. And 12 years ago one of the biggest selling points about the Wii was the Virtual Console.
My hope is that the “special offers” will something worth while.

Actually I was more talking about the PlayStation side of things. I love my ps4, but their free games usually suck.
I don’t mind Xbox’s usually. I probably download 1 every other month

Many of which are garbage.

A) That's pretty subjective, plus both companies have given several older AAA titles.

B) It was a reply to someone saying you paid more for "online" only on the other consoles, which isn't true; plus it was comparing paying $50 and you get free more modern games vs. $20 and you get to play 30 year old Nintendo games, and it's not like all of them are the best that were on the NES. Some of them are garbage themselves.

My hope is that the “special offers” will something worth while.

I think it's more likely they'll start charging more for access to other libraries. I.e. For $20 a year you get to stream the NES games, for $25 you'll get to add SNES access, for $30 N64, etc. I think it will end up the $20 level will be the bottom line basic plan you can.

And? There's only been 3 Xbox's. So the furthest you could go back is the original. Either way, it isn't that big of a difference

I'm not sure what you're arguing.

The original comment was that $20 for some old NES games and online play, the response was it was "better than $50 for online only". My response was that you don't just get get "online only" for the plans they were referencing, you get actual games. For some reason it turned into some discussion on the quality of the games Xbox and PlayStation offers.

I had a blast with my son last night playing Tecmo Bowl. It's been years since I have played it.

I'm really hoping that Punch Out will be added soon.

So last night I FINALLY finished Super Mario Odyssey. I have nothing negative to say about the game whatsoever. It's perfect. Literally a perfectly developed, well-crafted video game in every sense!

Reactions: Lurkerin
So last night I FINALLY finished Super Mario Odyssey. I have nothing negative to say about the game whatsoever. It's perfect. Literally a perfectly developed, well-crafted video game in every sense!

I just finished last week. My only complaint is that it felt a little grindy for the last 100 power moons, but that's a TINY complaint.

I loved the game. Hard to choose a favorite between that and BOTW.

I just finished last week. My only complaint is that it felt a little grindy for the last 100 power moons, but that's a TINY complaint.

I loved the game. Hard to choose a favorite between that and BOTW.

I definitely enjoyed Zelda but I found it to be a TAD overrated. Maybe if I hadn't just come off of playing Horizon Zero Dawn, I might feel differently but I don't agree with the near consensus perfect "10's" the game got. A very good game and I enjoyed it for sure. But no way did I consider it perfect. If I had to list all of the Switch games we own from best to worst, my list would be like this...

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Zelda BOTW
4. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
5. Splatoon 2
6. Fast RMX
7. Mario Tennis Aces
8. Arms
9. 1-2 Switch

Reactions: tweezervol
I'd put Zelda above MK8

And for me, Splatoon 2 was meh (just couldn't get into it)

I definitely enjoyed Zelda but I found it to be a TAD overrated. Maybe if I hadn't just come off of playing Horizon Zero Dawn, I might feel differently but I don't agree with the near consensus perfect "10's" the game got. A very good game and I enjoyed it for sure. But no way did I consider it perfect. If I had to list all of the Switch games we own from best to worst, my list would be like this...

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Zelda BOTW
4. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
5. Splatoon 2
6. Fast RMX
7. Mario Tennis Aces
8. Arms
9. 1-2 Switch

I have the first 3 on your list, and Skyrim. I love the switch. I didn't think I would.. I was wrong..

New Version of Nintendo Switch Reportedly Planned for 2019 - IGN

They need to upgrade the processor and give the Switch a 1080p screen. Obviously they do not need to upgrade the processor all the way to XBone and PS4 status, but it would definitely help with longevity. I would also be intrigued to see if they add in things like Netflix/Hulu. And increase the on-board HDD space as 32 GB is not much at all.

You can play Hulu on the Switch.

I don't have one (yet). I was talking to a buddy at work who said he would like to have that functionality so I guess he doesn't know about it either. Unless it can play Hulu and not Netflix (which wouldn't make any sense).

I don't have one (yet). I was talking to a buddy at work who said he would like to have that functionality so I guess he doesn't know about it either. Unless it can play Hulu and not Netflix (which wouldn't make any sense).
It does not have support Netflix yet

Anyone play octopath traveler?
It’s good stuff. I just know I won’t be buying another game for a year or so now that Civ VI came out for it. Those games are so much fun if you like strategy and politics

VN Store

Back