Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

There was a glitch a while back to get 99,999 on the jump rope game, but they patched it. Now it seems there is a new glitch to get it:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF98YBN1o6w[/youtube]

There was a glitch a while back to get 99,999 on the jump rope game, but they patched it. Now it seems there is a new glitch to get it:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF98YBN1o6w[/youtube]

I’m assuming this no longer works?

If you're a Castlevania fan, especially old school, check out Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. It's not a Switch exclusive but I got it for the Switch because I want to play it in handheld plus being old school Castlevania style, it just feels like it should be played on a Nintendo console. This is a prequel/prelude to the main game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game development is lead by Koji Igarashi, who is the former producer of the Castlevania series.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1inx6kJMdw[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
If you're a Castlevania fan, especially old school, check out Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. It's not a Switch exclusive but I got it for the Switch because I want to play it in handheld plus being old school Castlevania style, it just feels like it should be played on a Nintendo console. This is a prequel/prelude to the main game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game development is lead by Koji Igarashi, who is the former producer of the Castlevania series.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1inx6kJMdw[/youtube]

I contributed to the Kickstarter a few years back, but I’m getting it on Xbox next week. I’m excited to play it, as Dracula’s Curse is my favorite traditional Castlevania. I have high hopes for Iga’s Symphony of the Night successor, Ritual. Konami really f**ked up letting him get away, but they don’t seem to care about ruining their classic IPs.

I got it today. It's pretty fun, but the controls are also very retro, so it is stiff by today's standards and sometimes unforgiving. Being able to switch characters at will is pretty great, and something even newer games lack these days. My personal favorite is fake Alacard. His attack is perfect for enemies with predictable but annoying attack patterns (I'm looking at you "medusa heads").

I’m assuming this no longer works?

As far as I know, the trick in that video still works. They've not patched the game since then. It was the old jumprope trick that no longer works.

I got it today. It's pretty fun, but the controls are also very retro, so it is stiff by today's standards and sometimes unforgiving. Being able to switch characters at will is pretty great, and something even newer games lack these days. My personal favorite is fake Alacard. His attack is perfect for enemies with predictable but annoying attack patterns (I'm looking at you "medusa heads").

As far as I know, the trick in that video still works. They've not patched the game since then. It was the old jumprope trick that no longer works.

I can't get it to work. I'll give it another go. That's gonna be the one moon I can't get. I got to 65 on the jump rope last night. Maybe I'll have to beat it the legit way.

Looking for another Family multiplayer. Should I get Splatoon 2 or Donkey Kong next? Kids love odyssey 2 player, Mario Kart and Kirby.

If you guys could help me convince my wife to let me get a Switch I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

If you guys could help me convince my wife to let me get a Switch I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

#1 selling point with spouses: You can take it off the dock and play it hand held in order to free up the TV for her to watch whatever she wants! :)

Looking for another Family multiplayer. Should I get Splatoon 2 or Donkey Kong next? Kids love odyssey 2 player, Mario Kart and Kirby.

I would recommend Splatoon 2 over DKC TF. Donkey Kong is a great game! But Splatoon 2 is great multiplayer fun and probably a little more accessible to kids. It's my 7 year old's favorite game on Switch. He plays it more than anything else. DKC is a BEAST in terms of difficulty.

Also, keep Mario Tennis Aces in the back of your mind. I've been playing the demo that's available this weekend and having a blast with it. That would be great 2 player fun as well. It launches at the end of this month.

Last edited:
I would recommend Splatoon 2 over DKC TF. Donkey Kong is a great game! But Splatoon 2 is great multiplayer fun and probably a little more accessible to kids. It's my 7 year old's favorite game on Switch. He plays it more than anything else. DKC is a BEAST in terms of difficulty.

Also, keep Mario Tennis Aces in the back of your mind. I've been playing the demo that's available this weekend and having a blast with it. That would be great 2 player fun as well. It launches at the end of this month.

Donkey Kong has funky mode which makes it much easier for kids. I’d say DK over Splatoon. I traded Splatoon in after about a week.

I can't get it to work. I'll give it another go. That's gonna be the one moon I can't get. I got to 65 on the jump rope last night. Maybe I'll have to beat it the legit way.

Wait til you get to the volleyball one in the beach level

Thanks.

Ok, follow these steps:

1) Go to GameStop, Best Buy, Target, etc., or their respective websites.

2) Buy a Switch

3) That's it.

FYI, next Friday more NES Classics are set to be released, but I'm already seeing that they are going to sell out quickly. I'm trying to find a way to preorder one but no luck so far.

FYI, next Friday more NES Classics are set to be released, but I'm already seeing that they are going to sell out quickly. I'm trying to find a way to preorder one but no luck so far.

I read that you can't order online from most stores until 9AM tomorrow.

Best buy has had the NES classic up for the last couple hours. Still available. GameStop had some. Walmart at 1pm I think.

VN Store

Back