New Look Neyland

wombat7477

It's not wise to upset Awaka
Liked the look of the new brick walls surrounding the fields (at least I'm pretty sure those are new). But isn't the one in that one end zone pretty close to the field? I can imagine some bad collisions there... kinda like arena ball.

It looked close, but I am all for bringing the fans closer to the field , creating a louder, and crazier environment for opposing teams. The brick looked fantastic and I cannot wait for them to brick in the exterior of Neyland. 133 more days!

Liked the look of the new brick walls surrounding the fields (at least I'm pretty sure those are new). But isn't the one in that one end zone pretty close to the field? I can imagine some bad collisions there... kinda like arena ball.

It's not any closer than the green seats came before they did the brick work. It just looks that way because the space inside those walls were empty.

How is the outside of the stadium looking? Is that construction part of the current phase?

Outside is unchanged. The plan calls for the exterior work to be completed in the final stages. Estimated between 2011 and 2013 dependant on funding.

Just looked through the pictures for the luxury boxes...how incredibly sterile! I might be out on a limb here, but that is pretty much the last place I would want to watch a UT game. I would rather be in the lower level, surrounded by enthusiastic fans, at a bar on the Strip, or at my place with friends watching.

tell UF and Bama to "hit the bricks" or something, we need a cool slogan to go with them.

I'd rather them not be that close to the endzone. Maybe drive Tebow into the wall for a safety!

from the look of the pictures, the walls are all still in the same old spot they have always been, they're just brick now

which endzone? the Home/North endzone? If so then it just appears that they are closer because of the empty area between the seats. There are, and have been temporary seats for all the games in that area, they just weren't there for the game yesterday?

which endzone? the Home/North endzone? If so then it just appears that they are closer because of the empty area between the seats. There are, and have been temporary seats for all the games in that area, they just weren't there for the game yesterday?

You mean like what I said in post number 5 of this thread? :thumbsup:

Outside is unchanged. The plan calls for the exterior work to be completed in the final stages. Estimated between 2011 and 2013 dependant on funding.
It'll look great when they finally get it done. Any idea on the look? I really like the way that FSU's stadium looks with the brick and it would fit with the ut campus.

Doak.jpg

here are a couple of my pics that show some of the brickwork going on.

Attachments

• brick1.JPG
    brick1.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 15
  • brick2.JPG
    brick2.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 15
I think they should grow some plants on it with some orange and white flowers or something. Just an idea.

It has been a long time since I have been on the lower concorse and I forgot how crappy it looks underneath the seats. It really needs a facelift bad.

VN Store

Back