New Football Commitment

I didnt think we/UT had any interests in him?

He verbally commited, on an unofficial visit at UT, as a basketball camp attendee.

Recently timed 4.71, his benchpress and squat #'s wasnt that impressive, but he is still only 17. So this kids still growing, bigger and stronger.

This makes what? i think 4th verbal so far. I know of Lee Smith, Jacques Mclendon, Dustin Lindsey all 3 from TN...

Luke Stocker had some nice offers as best i could tell, NCState,KY,Va Tech, and a few others. I know we/UT was on his list, But couldnt find where he was on our list? Guess we'll see where it goes by FEB.

Berea (Ky.) Madison Southern prospect Luke Stocker holds a number of offers at this point, but his latest offer may shed some light as to where the 6-foot-6, 220-pound tight end/defensive end prospect may be heading come signing day. Stocker posted 38 receptions as a junior for 328 yards and a touchdown as well as 17 tackles for a loss.

"He's been down at Tennessee all week for a basketball camp, but received an offer from the Volunteers while he's been there," explained Stocker's father. "The football coaches would like him to stay down there for an extra day after the basketball camp wraps up to get a look at him the first day of their three day camp."

Besides Tennessee, Stocker holds offers from Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Duke, and Kentucky. Where is the Kentucky standout leaning at this point?

"If he had to decide tomorrow, it would likely be between Tennessee and Louisville although we're also looking at Virginia Tech and NC State," his father stated. "We're also taking a look at Clemson probably."

Stocker had been slated to take an unofficial visit to Blacksburg last weekend, but had to re-schedule the trip due to the timing of departure for the Tennessee basketball camp being moved up from Sunday afternoon to Sunday morning.

"We plan to reschedule that trip, he'd really like to see Virginia Tech," admitted his father. "Tech would like to see him camp if possible to get a better look at him first-hand."

Stocker is looking for a number of things in a school such as the post-graduate opportunities a school offers through networking with that schools alumni. Campus life, his relationship with the coaching staff, as well as playing for a winning program will also weigh into his decision.

Stocker is being recruited primarily as a defensive end for Virginia Tech and NC State while Tennessee and Louisville would like to see him play offense.

I've received a PM offering the following clarification to this story:

Luke Stocker's dad (Ray Stocker) did not give quotes. Jeff Johnson, his step-dad did. UT has always been at the top of Stocker's list and his dad has been very verbal/supportive about Luke making his own decision on where to play football. Because Luke is very close to his dad, I thought the distinction needed to be made. Thanks!

Well that solves the issue of, him just commiting to us.

And i can see why from us' if he has hand's and blocks well.

We even now, haventlocked down the END spot. Its never outdated' but at UT, you block your butt off, and when your a dump man' theres your shot to step up and be another threat.. Brown, Reed, Finlayson, Cottam all are fine TE's but we need one or 2 of them to step up and be ugly about it! Brown, Reed, Finlayson again will rotate. If one gets his assignments 1st,then off the blocks and still has soft hand's? Wear him out...

UT Commitments for the 2006 Class:
1. Jacques McClendon OG 6-4/320/5.1 Chattanooga, TN
2. Jonathan Mapu DT/DE 6-3/280/4.8 Kahuku, HI
3. Lee Smith TE/DE 6-5/245/ Knoxville, TN
4. Walter Fisher TE/DE 6-4/240/4.8 Nashville, TN/Coffeyville CC KS
5. Dustin Lindsey ATH 6-1/215/4.6 Alcoa, TN
6. Luke Stocker TE/DE 6-6/220/4.65 Berea, KY

Great! I knew Mapu was interested and it was mutual, but didnt realize there was already a commit.

Thats SWEET!

Mapu contacted Fulmer last January and stated for a fact he would be back in January 06 for classes

Guys I received this in a PM. I think the sender may have been trying to pst it and hit the wrong button.

"Luke Stocker's dad (Ray Stocker) did not give quotes. Jeff Johnson, his step-dad did. UT has always been at the top of Stocker's list and his dad has been very verbal/supportive about Luke making his own decision on where to play football. Because Luke is very close to his dad, I thought the distinction needed to be made. Thanks!

VN Store

Back