New ESPN rankings for 2021

Kiaya Wynn went from #23 to #62...what the heck happened there?
Looks like Brooklyn Miles dropped out as well. Puckett did have a nice lift, though.

Ducharme's rise up will hopefully play into the Azzi Fudd situation. Hopefully, Caroline hasn't signed her LOI already, so if UConn lands Fudd, then Caroline walks. Or maybe Fudd decides that UConn doesn't need her and looks elsewhere...

Are all of these rankings based on AAU basketball this summer? These recruits have not played one basketball game in their senior year ! But all of a sudden they got better/worse in a few months ? 🤷‍♂️

Did Wynn move to Texas and not play AAU BB ?? Seems like Puckett (Our lowest rated player has become our best recruit ? Let’s see how they finish the season .... If we have one ?

Recruiting rankings are certainly valuable but there's always politics and human subjectivity in play. This season's recruiting is closer to the end than the beginning, so I'm past hand-wringing about who and what at this point.

But I admit I can't help but notice that this "re-ranking" is a bit of a handwave at Tennessee's 2021 class. It's clear whoever did this isn't ranking any of the Tennessee commits as game changers. One can only hope this re-ranking is a little pepper on the pizza ... you know, some spicy motivation for the future.

Looks like Brooklyn Miles dropped out as well. Puckett did have a nice lift, though.

Ducharme's rise up will hopefully play into the Azzi Fudd situation. Hopefully, Caroline hasn't signed her LOI already, so if UConn lands Fudd, then Caroline walks. Or maybe Fudd decides that UConn doesn't need her and looks elsewhere...

This makes no sense to me. Fudd is a guard ; Ducharme is a forward.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
This makes no sense to me. Fudd is a guard ; Ducharme is a forward.
I doubt Ducharme is going to be playing in the post, so she will likely play the 2-3...which is the same spot as Westbrook, Makurat, Williams, Poffenberger and Fudd (if she picks UConn).

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Texas picked up a couple top ten recruits also . Vic is starting is magic at Texas ! Just Saying

PS : I like the recruits we have coming .... I do look at the rankings web sites and put very little faith on them ! I like to read about all of the schools who are recruiting each player ..... If you check out our recruits ! MANY SCHOOLS WERE AFTER ALL FOUR OF THEM ! Just Saying 🤔

If you look at the site now , the rankings have changed . Wynn has gone all the way up to #6 . MIles is in at #23 . I’m not sure what ESPNW has going on.
2021 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN
Yes. It appears as though they are revising their rankings. Hopefully, we'll have a finished product shortly. This confusion over rankings doesn't reflect well on ESPN. Why am I not surprised ?

If you look at the site now , the rankings have changed . Wynn has gone all the way up to #6 . MIles is in at #23 . I’m not sure what ESPNW has going on.
2021 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

They've apparently been revised again since you posted the link. Miles is at 18. Puckett and Striplin are at 74 and 76 respectively, and Wynn is at 97.

Who knows what the final product will look like!

Jim

Edit: in the time it took me to type this the ESPN rankings changed again to 17, 71, 73 & 93.

And, while taking a phone call and typing the edit, they have changed again! At least our young ladies are trending upward in all these changes!

Last edited:
They've apparently been revised again since you posted the link. Miles is at 18. Puckett and Striplin are at 74 and 76 respectively, and Wynn is at 97.

Who knows what the final product will look like!

Jim

this is fun! and revised since you posted 😂

Miles 17
Puckett 84
Striplin 86
Wynn 91

Fun fact if you click on the players name their number on the ranking list and the number on their profile don’t match up... they must be updating as we speak lol

VN Store

Back