New Donald Article...someone Help Us!!

Nothing to get excited about. All it says is that Donald is tired of the recruiting process. He already has a good idea of where he wants to go. He's ready to tell the world during the Army All-American game.

Here's what he had to say about an in-home visit from Charlie Weiss: "It went good. We just sat down and talked about Notre Dame. We just talked about a lot of stuff. It was pretty laid back."

Fulmer will visit Donald this Saturday, before the dead period starts.

Oh, and it also says that Donald has talked to Chris Walker several times since Walker committed to play for the Vols. He said that Chris is "his boy," and that he's excited for his decision and that he got it over with. I think Donald is just ready to tell the world he's All VOL!! :)

PS- Now is a really good time to take your 7-day FREE trial on Rivals.com. Mine ends tomorrow! CRAP!

There might have been a slip in his answer. They were talking about his ACT and he is going to re-take the exam because his mom wants him to do better. His mom is a teacher. He said that the re-take had nothing to do with getting into school. He said the score he got was already "high enough to get into the school he has decided to go to." Hmmm, if he had a score high enough to get into Notre Dame would his mom be making him re-take it just to get a higher score? A score high enough to get into Notre Dame would probably be high enough that you wouldnt need to re-take it just for kicks. You can book it, he is attending UT.

encouraging news, but i dont want to get my hopes up TOO far. i don't understand why his mom would dish out $40 for a few more points on a test that is meaningless after he is enrolled in college.

what was his initial score? i know that irish football requires a minimum of 18. ours is, what, 16?

i like what i see, and i like your deduction.... also encouraging is the fact that he is planning to visit UT again (so i've heard)... so why would someone who has already made up his mind visit UT? i know its not just for cleveland steamers and laughs.

Actually, he is not going to make a trip to UT before his decision. He said he has seen everything he could possibly see at UT. He has an in-home visit from Fulmer before his decision but no visit to campus.

i can't believe i didn't notice this earlier:

Donald has already received an offer from Notre Dame. ND does not offer if the students can not make it through admissions. Apparently, Donald's ACT score was originally high enough for ND, too. I think we may have read too far into this one. Not all decisions in life are based around football for these kids, obviously.... i think we forget this sometimes.

After discussing this with some other folks I have learned that any student who attends UT and who meets a specified GPA and ACT/SAT threshold is automatically eligible for a guaranteed academic scholarship. The academic scholarship can be "stacked" on top of another scholarship, like an athletic scholly and if the total exceeds the cost of tuition, room & board, and books, the student actualy gets a check for the difference. Maybe that is what CD is going for? If someone knows differently please feel free to educate me.

Donald said he would take his offical after his anouncinment at the AA game. See if you can figure it out........:eek:lol: :rock:

encouraging news, but i dont want to get my hopes up TOO far. i don't understand why his mom would dish out $40 for a few more points on a test that is meaningless after he is enrolled in college.
What happens if the kid doesn't make it to the NFL and wants to apply to graduate school etc...those scores are a big deal. smart mom.

What happens if the kid doesn't make it to the NFL and wants to apply to graduate school etc...those scores are a big deal. smart mom.

those scores do not mean crap for graduate school. There are admission exams for graduate school like the GMAT, GRE, yada, yada, yada...............

He obviously has good test scores or he wouldn't have an offer from ND. His mom just expects more from him being a teacher and all.

VN Store

Back