New defensive line coach: Jimmy Brumbaugh

I hope so and time will tell. I thought Rocker did a good job the last 2 years in terms of development. He left much to be desired in regards to recruiting
Brumbaugh developed what many consider an elite D line at UK.

He's not been any where too terribly long so there might be a question of track record depending on how you look at it.

From a recruiting standpoint, I don't think he's some super recruiter or anything... But unlike rocker, according to some that seem to know, he won't be an obstacle to overcome. He seems to at least cover the issue of being engaged and in to building relationships with d line prospects....a critique of rockers.

Bottom line is there's an Alpha male in charge of the football program for the first time in a long while. Pruitt has a plan and he's implementing it. His staff knows it's his way or the highway. The next five years will show whether the plan gets the program back to the top tier of the SEC (which automatically means nationally). I believe it's going to work. He's clearly a top tier recruiter. Next step is player development and most of that will be on the staff he has put together.

VN Store

Back