New commit. Mordecai McDaniel

giphy.gif

These recent 3 star commits from Pruitt & Co, look much different than the 3 stars that Butch Jones recruited, much different.

Butch actually had a pretty good track record with 3 stars: Josh Dobbs, Josh Palmer, John Kelly, Marcus Tatum, Chance Hall, Ethan Wolf, and Rashaan Gaulden. Feel like he had more "duds" among blue chip recruits; that's the weird thing about it.

I suspect that part of this is because Butch looked at "fit" more with 3-stars, but then just haphazardly took blue-chip recruits even if they didn't fit at all. Not only did we have a share of blue-chip duds, but even a lot of the ones that panned out left for another school (e.g. Preston Williams) because they didn't like Butch.

Tennessee is where 5 stars go to die. Let's be glad he's not a 5 star and take the speed.

Butch actually had a pretty good track record with 3 stars: Josh Dobbs, Josh Palmer, John Kelly, Marcus Tatum, Chance Hall, Ethan Wolf, and Rashaan Gaulden. Feel like he had more "duds" among blue chip recruits; that's the weird thing about it.

I suspect that part of this is because Butch looked at "fit" more with 3-stars, but then just haphazardly took blue-chip recruits even if they didn't fit at all. Not only did we have a share of blue-chip duds, but even a lot of the ones that panned out left for another school (e.g. Preston Williams) because they didn't like Butch.
Palmer, Tatum, Hall, and Wolf were not really good.

The Vols need more 4-5 star players, if they intend to compete with Alabama, Georgia, LSU

I agree, however, his offer list is impressive as is his size as well as the fact that he has reportedly ran a 4.35 in the 40. This is a 3 star take all day long, just like Jimmy Calloway.

Reactions: FĂŻreBall

VN Store

Back